I think I made a mistake.....

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
I just got done looking at the last pics I took of my Duster, and I am already regreting selling it. And it has been less then a week. Now I want a car more then ever but I sold my car so I could focus on other aspects of my life but all I think about when I am not at work is how to get another car. I already found what I think will be a cool car to build. I found this Satellite wagon a couple of days ago been siting for years looks like. About 97% rust free outside couldn't check floors though.

IMG_1554 - Copy.jpg

You have sellers remorse. It is a normal feeling, especially after you literally put blood, sweat, and tears into your car. Moving forward, you can determine if owning a project car really is the right thing for you, and if it is, now you have a better understanding of what to look for.

You wouldn't have sold your Duster without good reason, and the parts from it will help others. Let it go, there's no use having regrets.

Do what ya have to do in life first. There will be a car for ya when your ready

Joe's right. I did the same thing a few years ago. I really needed to take that step to get some other things worked out. In time, other cars found their wa back to me. there's only one you, and you only live once. Cars will always be around.

Sometimes life happens.Family and other important things come first.I know the feeling.I regretted selling my 71 Duster along time ago and never thought I would find another Duster until I found my 72.Im sure once you are ready for another Duster,it will not be too hard to find and when your life gets sorted out,you will be able to focus better . 8)

Gotta look after the family first.

Now having said that....... I could see a really cool RoadRunner wagon being built. Kinda like this '70 version. http://www.showyourauto.com/am/listings/l0112.html

If you could get the wagon up and running with just your labour and not alot of coin, I'd go for it. If it's got a /6 or 318 in it, keep it that way for now. Keep it white for now as well. Here's a Dart that a friend of mine and his brother were working on a few years ago. http://www.moparpics.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album25 Notice the engine bay before and after pics. Alot of time but not much $$$. They got some good primer in spray cans from the local auto body supply store. For the white paint they just bought white spray cans from Home Depot called Varathane Colours in Plastic. It looked so good that they painted the whole car with that stuff.

In a few years when/if the economy and our job situations look better then start upgrading the wagon. Just a thought.....

Wylde1.

if you have a little bit of money to play with and its not going to get in the way of more important things, go for a cheap half way decent looking car that is road worthy. there are tons of 73 and later a bodies out there with slants and 318s atill in decent shape for cheap. i had my son on the way and sold off a basket cast strip project because it was never going to see a dime of my money or time, or even get used for a long long time. i took a serious beating on it but its what i felt i had to do. i didnt think i had other cars so didnt think id be getting another car, but then i found a pretty clean 74 duster. always hated those later cars, and i wasnt crazy about the color, but it was clean and i knew i could have it up and running on the road for penuts. i had 1650 in it and felt i could take it anywhere. in the last year i threw some upgrades it from selling parts off and what not. its a fun cruiser still a 225 but we have fun using it as a family. the 73+ cars can be real good bang for the buck with disc brakes and 8 1/4, even a 318, and for whatever reason they are usually in better shape.

-
Back