I think I need this! 50s Dodge C100 on CL

-

63 MorePar

Electric Larry
Reaction score
http://farmington.craigslist.org/pts/4011988220.html
I think it's a 54' or early 55'. Has the one piece windshield a three cab windows. It may even have a little Hemi!(wishful thinking):cheers: Looks like a Poly in the bed?? It's about 45mins from home. I think it deserves a look. I have always wanted to do a truck! I love the look! Tow Mater-ish! Not a piece of glass in it:( That's gona' cost. LOL
Larry

Attachments

• 54dodge.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 483
  • towmater.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 516
Well it said in the ad to make an offer. The worst he can say is no.

Wow. That really looks like it's got some good bones there (and maybe some mouse bones too)......yeah, too bad about the glass though. I say you can't go wrong if the price is right!

Left them a message. It is in the high and desert area, S.W. of us. Yes, I'm sure it will come with some unwanted passengers!
She just called me back! I am going to see Sat. morning!:cheers:
It also has an engine under the hood! (unknown)
Can't wait! I'll let ya'll know.
Larry

I believe that is a 54. I had one back in the day. it is an awesome truck to drive.

that is way cool! I would do some calling around to see the price and availability on the windshield before you go. Rear cab corners, if worse comes to worse, you could have plexiglass curved and cut, but no way you would want that for a windshield.

man that thing is awesome. I would love to do one of these too. i would scuff it and shoot a satin clear on it. rust and all. looks like an awesome start for a build.

I don't know what year this one is, but your post reminded me of the pic. This was at the MATS earlier this year.......

Attachments

• P1090262 (Small).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 567
http://farmington.craigslist.org/pts/4011988220.html
I think it's a 54' or early 55'. Has the one piece windshield a three cab windows. It may even have a little Hemi!(wishful thinking):cheers: Looks like a Poly in the bed?? It's about 45mins from home. I think it deserves a look. I have always wanted to do a truck! I love the look! Tow Mater-ish! Not a piece of glass in it:( That's gona' cost. LOL
Larry

I think you do! Can't be too many around nowadays!

But maybe it was meant to go in it! :D
Either way it would be a good fit. L-6 most likely in it now but I'll see!
Larry

It's got the remnants of a V8 emblem on the hood so it might have a hemi in it, or could be just a poly. The 6cyl trucks got a round emblem on the hood with the rams head on it. Aside from every piece of glass being busted out of it, the sheetmetal looks to be in decent shape.

If it's a 48 to,53, it's a Dodge Pilothouse 5 window cab. I have a 49 cab very much like it sittin next to the house.

If you buy it I think your best bet would be putting the body on an S10 frame. Parts would be cheap and easy to find.

or a dakota frame and keep it all mopar then everything will bolt in as far as drivetrain goes

use the original frame and build from there...that's a cool truck!i wouldn't screw it all up with some late model frame.

use the original frame and build from there...that's a cool truck!i wouldn't screw it all up with some late model frame.
I think I'm with you on that! I will look it over well on Saturday and take lots of photos. If the frame is straight and not rotted I will work with the stock set-up. Especially if it is already set up for a V8.
S10...no thanks. Not jumpin on that boat.:happy1:
Larry

-
Back