I think it really may be a disease!

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So today I went to look at, no, I went to get a 1973 340 Duster. :hello1: In the pics I had of it, it appeared orange. Turns out it is actually originally red. It is missing the drive train but is column shift, buddy seat, tinted glass and had tail pipes originally. When I open the trunk.....WOW.....a nearly mint 1973 340 4bbl air cleaner! :D So we strike a deal and we load it up. Then the fellow mentions he has a Scamp. I say I would like to take some pics. When we get to it, I find a non vinyl top, 318, console shift, buckets with an 8 3/4" diff. He said it was original would run with very little effort. I couldn't open the hood, due to ice in the mechanism, so I couldn't verify everything. But I will do that in a couple days.....oh ya....I bought it too! :banghead: I am beginning to think that these A-bodies are a disease and I have full blown stage three! :?
Edit: I justified it by telling myself I could get it running quick and drive it while working on the other ones! disgust

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJCkE+QmTK9zqBQUtKo,bVQ~~48_20.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 664
  • $T2eC16F,!zoE9s5nc3GoBQUtNe7+DQ~~48_20.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_0713.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_0706.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_0695.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 688
  • IMG_0696.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 654
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_0698.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_0701.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0704.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 684
I don't know what's worse: Trying to deal with this disease, or trying to deal with the horrible, icky white stuff on the ground up there... It's a real toss-up!

:cheers:More saved!Looks to be a good deal.Whatcha gonna do??

Thanx.....not 100% sure yet, just have a hard time passing up a good deal! I will work on the Scamp for a driver right away though. As for the Duster, that will take some thinkin'! :glasses7:

Thanx.....not 100% sure yet, just have a hard time passing up a good deal! I will work on the Scamp for a driver right away though. As for the Duster, that will take some thinkin'! :glasses7:
Hope the Scamp doesn,t need much to run.A nice 69 Valiant grill would look good on the Scamp.(thats just my opinion):D

It's a disease. Most definitely. Can't say I have an answer for that, I mean, the 4 in my signature aren't the only ones!

Congrats on the finds though! Nice looking 340 Duster, even if it is a shame about the awol 340. And the Scamp looks good! Hopefully it really is a quick project, can't say I've had the best luck with the two that I thought would be quick fixes...

its a disease and i have it really bad with multiple cars in my stable .....quite frankly....if they ever find a cure ...i dont want the cure...i will go down with the ship ....or in this case the mopar

There is no cure and let me tell you a nagging wife only makes the symptoms worse. Trust me. I have learned that it is way easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL

In the past three years I have pulled home six, correction; seven old mopars.

TWO good to pass up on those..As I was reading I said ICE...scrolled back up to see your in the Great White North...How is it so many Mopars in Canada look in good shape..I am expecting one big Rust bucket

Ha ha ha!
Welcome to my world George!
I look at it as more of an obsession than a disease. And it's not my fault.
The Duster looked pretty good in person on the trailer when you came over today though.
I can't wait to see the Scamp in person!
Looks like you will be doing a little shopping in ol' Dartnut's junkyard in the spring.
Lol!

There is no cure and let me tell you a nagging wife only makes the symptoms worse. Trust me. I have learned that it is way easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. LOL

In the past three years I have pulled home six, correction; seven old mopars.

it goes both ways .....i am the female ....and there are a lot of guys out there who dont understand my obsession with mopars and they think im a freak for it.....so i do think there is a such thing as an evil anti-car husband same as nagging mis-informed women.

Hi im Rani and im a FABOholic as well ......and given a shot at the two beautys in the first post in this thread......i would have hauled them home .....quick LOL ....good job and good finds .......i am curious if that scamp has C16 and C55 on the fender tag ...in other words is it a real bucket seat console car? if it is that has to be rare....holy cow ......how sweet is that

TWO good to pass up on those..As I was reading I said ICE...scrolled back up to see your in the Great White North...How is it so many Mopars in Canada look in good shape..I am expecting one big Rust bucket

In Alberta, they didn't salt the roads back in the day so a lot of these cars came through pretty good. :cheers:
Remember, Alberta is just north of Montana.
In fact, Lethbridge is just 50 miles north of the Montana/Canadian border, so our weather and terrain is pretty much the same.
We had an early snow storm a few days ago and got about a foot of snow here which isn't typical of this time of year.

at least we are all in this together ....there is power in numbers ....together we can defeat evil anti-car ppl and put a mopar on every block in every city LOL

X2
Yes, strength in numbers!
That's why we're all here right?
Love of the breed!

Instead of banning classics,with smog laws,ban hybrids.....:wack:

That scamp would have been hard to pass up. It looks real clean and should clean up really nice

It is a disease that I am proud to have! Back in 1976 ( showing my age) I bought a 73 Challenger that had the exact same same breather on it and I took it off and:eek:ops: threw it away!!

What ??!!? You didn't buy the corvair van?

2 great finds in one day, You found and saved a great pair there :cheers:
An A grade day for sure, I bet he already has the scamp purring and
bleeding the brakes as we type :happy1:
Congratulations and thank you for saving these great MoPar's

It is a I think I started to come down with something in '75 or '76 when I was a young lad and hoped in the back of a '66 Charger. It got worst as the years went on the cure i have found is just keep feeding it. Nice score BTW.

Hi im Rani and im a FABOholic as well ........i am curious if that scamp has C16 and C55 on the fender tag ...in other words is it a real bucket seat console car? if it is that has to be rare....holy cow ......how sweet is that

Me too!!!!! Can't wait to get the hood open. That was one question in my head the whole time. "Did they put consoles in Scamps???" Even if it's not, it was done in the 70's, so I will keep it as found, survivor-ish! :D

-
Back