I told a lie to a customer today

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I feel bad but I've heard nightmares about pulling doubbles for this customer.I told him I don't have that on my license!

There HAS been "former" customers I've told "I won't be back." This usually involved heating systems with unbelievably poor access, and which the customer could easily have improved upon. It also usually involved what would be code violations.

In one case, a rental called, their floor furnace pilot was out. I went over and realized I could "see right through" the furnace, something you are not supposed to be able to do.

When I informed the tenant I had to tag it off, he got abusive. Back then we had a much better, closer relationship with the then gas / power company. I simply called their service guy, and he went over and locked off the meter!!! This means that not only did the tenant not have any heat, NOW he didn't have hot water, either!!

-- I feel bad but I've heard nightmares -- about pulling doubbles for this customer.I told him I don't have that on my license!
Oh No !! ---
naughty.gif

Sometimes in business you have to look out for yourself but it's probably best not to post about it on the internet.

If you got a bad feeling about it in your gut, then go with it. No harm in that.i go with my gut instinct, it has never failed me.

If you got a bad feeling about it in your gut, then go with it. No harm in that.i go with my gut instinct, it has never failed me.

Agree! The few times I didn't go with my gut turned out to be the wrong decision. You did what your gut told you. No harm, no foul.

Exactly. Its your livelyhood. Nobody can fault you for that. You did what you felt was best for ultimately you and your family.
we were towing the hemi back from okc one night , and a double passed us going to fast for the rainy conditions. the back trailor was whipping around badly, had to dodge it to keep it from hitting me, which got my rig to whipping from side to side. he better be glad he kept going ! I still hate those dam things to this day. they use to be illegal in some states too!

In Utah they pull triples. I don't know what other states also allow triples. I just know it looked like a 'road train' the first time I saw one.

Kansas & Oklahoma allow triples on the turnpike, they are interesting to pull!!

In Utah they pull triples. I don't know what other states also allow triples. I just know it looked like a 'road train' the first time I saw one.
Was passing a triple on one of my trips to AZ. Was very windy...swear the front box was empty and the other 2 were loaded...that front box was all over the place...

-
Back