I uncorked her today

-

hotrodhoodlum

X Nostalgia Drag Racer
Reaction score
Getting it ready for the track first time for the car this Saturday ..

[ame="http://youtu.be/d5wRlLirn-Y"]302 Found[/ame]

I ran uncapped pipes for a year on the street and last week I decided to put the caps on for a change and my god did my car hate it. It was much harder to keep running when it was cold and hated the back pressure when decelerating. I drove it with them on for maybe 3 days and took them right back off.

My 416 went from 7.25 to 7.18 after I put a 3" X-pipe and flow 40 mufflers on. Had to add 8" long cherry bombs to mellow out the rasp from the flows. Sometimes a little backpressure is gooder.

Very nice looking hotrod!

What a sweet sound!!!!! At the rate I'm going it'll be 27 1/2 years before I hear that from my car!!

I love it. I can do it anytime. I put a set of electric cutouts after the X-pipe.
I open them all the time. Scare the crap out of the wife all the time.
I use them at car shows. Run down the road with the exhaust closed. So
the cops leave me alone. Them as I pull in I open them. I sure noticed a
big differance at the track. You can just see them peeking out under the
door.

Attachments

• 100_2410.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 555
Getting it ready for the track first time for the car this Saturday ..

Very nice, you rattled the garage for sure! It sounds really good and I love the look. You should be proud. I hope that box falling off the shelf didn't scratch the paint LOL.

Man... That sounds awesome! Makes me wish I had cutouts installed in my exhaust system! That is a great looking car with a badass attitude!!

Love uncorked nasty motors!Broke a cam in a big block,open headers.BIG hydraulic cam,rattled the neighbors display china off the mantleplace.

Awesome car, love the look of that beast & the sound of that motor. :thumbup: Oh, I did chuckle at the flying box lol, it made the video.

Forgive me if it is clear as day in your sig, I'm on the mobile; but ... What's under the hood?

A set of 16-20" collectors will help low end at the track off the headers

Sounds good, have fun at the track!

For what it's worth, my car runs with in a few hundredths with or without the exhaust (3 inch pipes with flowmasters that come out right behind the doors)... literally slowed from a 6.92 to a 6.94 in the 1/8 the day I tried it on back to back passes. Open headers were slightly faster, but that could have been because I dropped about 20 pounds of exhaust pipes off the car....you never know till you try it, but a good exhaust system should not slow you down much, if any.

Sounds good.
Looks real nice.
I am at the very end of finishing up mine
Hoping to be ready for Lebanon valley
Last weekend of September
Thanks for the motivation .

If you get a chance check your jetting, I would bet you can up your size by at least 2 when your open headers...

That is a nice fish for sure just needs some tweaking... As a buddy told me a long time ago.. Any day you can go race your car and bring it back home not broken was a good day.

That is a nice clean car.. i don't know if I could make it into an all out race car... But it belongs to you

What tire is on that car? Is it a drag radial? I know from what I have played with that they like around 17psi of air and not a huge burnout. Good luck with it...

Oh and I would not do the SS springs with cal tracs... I would use there split mono leafs... If we where not so far apart I would trade you the Butterscotch 69 Dart I have for it.. It is the mid 7's car in my signature but is a race car. Just needs more motor..

Attachments

• Columbus-20120826-00063 (Large).jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Columbus-20120826-00064 (Large).jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Columbus-20120826-00066 (Large).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 162
-
Back