I was gave a car.

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Victoria's short version:read2:
It all started on a sunny day on 8-24-07.
I was in therapy:drinkers: in my brothers pool one day and he called me about a Nice little 4 door Valiant in great shape for $400 dolors
at a rummage sale.
So he came and picked me up and off we went to buy the car, But when we got there and was ready to buy the old man needed a bill of sale for it,
So we drove home :angry7:
I came back the next day with cash and a bill of sale that he could use for his car to fill out for me.
Well he was not home but the other guy was there running the rummage sale where the car was
So I looked at the car waiting for him to return for over an hour.
As I was looking thought the car I found the tags in it back in the trunk area
Got home ran the plates and found out the owner lived here in my town.
I call here up she ask me to meet here and the family at her daughters house.
Well I came to find out the lady tried to find this car 5 to 6 years before and failed and gave up.
So I gave her $400 dollars and got the tittle signed to me and handed me a lawyer NO charge to me.
It ended up the old coot was in Tight!!with the town the 63 Valiant was in
The law did not want to deal with him.:bootysha:
On the first visit to court They said Quote= Do you want to have a pissing contest over this car.
The judge said this to me after clearing the court.:pirate:

The old coot did not show for court first time I filed, Second time No show again :angry7:,
This was getting to me:angry7: because how could he get buy with this so my lawyer filed another against him.

He showed up :cheers:But the coots lawyer said it has been disposed of.
The judge said nothing and my lawyer had to take me to another room and and inform me that Yes this is again against
the law but I would have to pay for a deposit and his fee to do this and told me what to do
I should just walk and put it in my name and report it stolen.

So I did.

Time went on and I could not say which member it was that said it first but someone said lets buy memike a car.:cheers:
I could not stop this ball rolling and the whole world jump in on it and raised more then enough money to buy me a car of my choice.
This was something that I have never experienced in my life and was hard
to except :shock: But after some time under a tree talking and :drinkers:to it seems hundred's of members on the phone made me feel so much better and now is apart of my family.:crybaby::blob::happy2:
There is so much to say about the story of Victoria, But it is an unbelievable
event on my life..

I could speak of all the members here but it would be running into 5 pages and I sure would want to thank everyone and not forget the ones that was helping me along mentally and spiritually though this.
It is hard to receive , That is something that I learned this year.
But Small Block sure is making me understand it ok, What a year.
I will be adding more later. We still have to go throw the rest of the story where when I found the 63 just a few weeks ago.

Just let me be the first to say I think the best part of this story is yet to be put on this thread there Mike. That would be what happened to that lil '63 four door in the end, it was the sweet icing on the cake!! That part would be thanks to you bud!! The whole story is too cool!!!!

I'm a newbie here memike but from what I can tell in my short time here is that you're a class act, and very well liked on this board so it doesn't surprise me that a few people have helped you out in purchasing Victoria. I've been there myself very recently. ;)

I am an Admin at a little Chevy site called Chevytalk.com (over 46,000 members) and when I told the guys that I was buying a Mopar I couldn't have got more support. Not because they figured I'd go away, but because I have many friends there that knew I went through a few tough years and sold my 55 Chevy and 69 Chevy lowered hot rod P/U just to try and make ends meet. Back in Sept (just after I bought the Cuda) a staff member told me to check my mail in a PM. I asked him what was up and he said no big deal, I'm just sending you a little trinket for the Cuda. The little trinket turned out to be 835 bucks US that a bunch of Chevy guys donated to me to P/U whatever I thought I needed to complete the parts I'm missing. I was and still am very humbled (and thankfull) by the whole thing. What even blows me away more is that these guys on a Chevy board did this for a guy that just bought a Mopar. It just goes to show you that car guys are car guys, it don't matter much what factory it came from. I'm a Chevy guy deep down but every company made some great cars and now it's my turn to try something I've never done before. My Lil' Cuda's gonna rock when it's back on the road. Just a matter of time.:-D

Regards
Red

Friends sharing the wealth because they want to and care. I like it! Not the same as a certain political notion to be forced upon us. ;)

I hadnt even bought my fish, let alone found this site, when 99% of all this transpired. But I have to say that I loved hearing the story the first time, and every other time I hear it again. With all thats wrong in the world, just reading and clicking through the posts about the whole thing can only make me have a renewed faith in humanity. Sure some say its just a car site, but it is so much more as evidence of this great story. Thanks for going over it again Mike. There are a TON of amazing people here, no doubt about that!!!

Nice to hear that there are good things going on all around us and we don't even know about it,:thumleft: So the world is not as bad as we some times think it is.:-D
Your barracuda is the one you are painting red:-k and the trunk lid took a slid on the hwy on its way home. You have been busy on it:thumleft:

memike, someday it might be red on the outside but for it's first incarnation it will be flat black. The inside is well on it's way to being a black and red combo. Spent another 4 or 5 hours in the shop today sanding. I'm hoping to lay down some more color in the next day or two.

That was my flying trunk lid. I didn't think there was much damage on it but I hit it with a long board on Friday and it's oilcanned pretty bad where it hit the pavement. I might have a line on one local so I'll have to check it out soon.

P.S. In my humble opinion the sky is not falling in our world. In my daily dealings I run across more good people than bad. ;) You strike me as being one of the really good ones.

I share Ron's opinion that your story is heartwarming and gives me a renewed faith in humanity every time I think about it Memike. I can't believe that the 'feelers' we all put out to the Mopar mags didn't seem to turn up any takers ... there isn't a more appropriate human/car interest story for publication than yours!!!

If the 'major players' in the story want to share their perspectives with me, I'd be honored to write it up in true hot rod article style. Even if it never gets published or shared with the rest of the world, it could be here on FABO forever.

Memike, I am so glad that you are happy with the car and I can't wait to hear the rest of your story. It seems you've had enough time to deal with it all and I'm curious how you feel about it all. It just goes to show that a car doesn't have to be ultra rare or ultra expensive to be appreciated and enjoyed. I'm glad to be a part of this site and given the opportunity to help.

I share Ron's opinion that your story is heartwarming and gives me a renewed faith in humanity every time I think about it Memike. I can't believe that the 'feelers' we all put out to the Mopar mags didn't seem to turn up any takers ... there isn't a more appropriate human/car interest story for publication than yours!!!

If the 'major players' in the story want to share their perspectives with me, I'd be honored to write it up in true hot rod article style. Even if it never gets published or shared with the rest of the world, it could be here on FABO forever.

Thank you leanna
A member here ask if I had a short version of Victoria and how she came to be my girl to enjoy.
That first page took 8) lets just say a long time with my typing and writing skills.
You would be allot better at this then I would :-D I would be happy to let you write up a short story on it for us. You have been with me on the very beginning of this great thing that happened in my life.
And you have a good way with words :read2: and can make it more reader friendly
for the new folks here. :cheers:

I have a writer :cheers:
So we will let this thread pass for the a good read.
My sister is writing it up for me so give us some time
and the first publication will hit FABO first.:-D

Thank you little sister.:angel8:

No no no... thank YOU! It will be my pleasure.

Joey upped my private message storage the other day (thank you Joey muahhhh) so I now have the room in case anyone wants to share their side / personal contribution to getting Victoria in Memike's hands. I'm going to need a lot of input from you guys to make this happen, so feel free to pass along your phone numbers if you had some kind of direct involvement. I especially need to speak with Small Block and your brother Ken, and whomever has possession of the huge list of money contributors. I want to be sure everyone gets the credit they deserve.

It'll be great!!!

I have a writer :cheers:
So we will let this thread pass for the a good read.
My sister is writing it up for me so give us some time
and the first publication will hit FABO first.:-D

Cool! I want a signed copy from you Mike.:-D

Good things come to good people memike, it was nice to help someone like yourself...I am sure you have a smile on your face every time you think of what everyone has done for you with your new ride.

I talked to so many members that contributed just there self to me on the phone and
could not put money out at the time but still was there for me.:-D :rock:

There is allot of info that will take allot of your time here :clock: and I have all the
printed paper work. Pictures should be here too.

Take you time and enjoy Leanna :clock:

This will be better for all the readers . Yall have red my righting before :toothy10:

cook and fish 927.jpg

Dude,

Mopar glamour guide would have been all over this story if were an E body car and Memike had tons of tattoos, a shop with pittbulls running around killing eachother in a homemade pitt, a bad drug habit with endless trips to the strip clubs and a close relationship with Mickey Rourke that included, but was not limited to: heroine use, pill popping, late night runs to Michael Jackson's house while avoiding the motion sensors, scuffles with local cops, and hot sponge baths with Rosie O'Donnell and black leather, then maybe, just maybe they would have touched on it.

-
Back