I was going around in circles !

-

cudamike13

cudamike13
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Last friday I attempted to install the TC I bought almost 1 year ago.
I couldn't get it to go into transmission far enough to mate motor and transmission together.
I looked up on here what people had done to install TC that wouldn't go in far enough.
I tried what they said to do and no luck.
So all weekend I'm still trying to get it to go in with no luck.
So today I get to call tech support and they say I have the wrong TC!!!
I ask why did they sell me this when you say it will not work. Couldn't answer that.
However, he did tell me I could send it back and I would get a refund.
They don't offer a TC for 67 904!!!

TCI

Well it's not necessarily the Tflite it won't fit, what year is the engine/ crank? Larger vs smaller TC snout

The engine is a 71 360 block bored and stroked to 416 ci.
The problem is the TC will not go far enough into transmission.
Not anywhere near motor, just for now trying to put TC on input shaft and rotate to engage pump and other "stuff".
I have a 67 904, and co rep said "will not work with older than 72.
Motor and transmission are apart.

I have found this exact thing on the wife’s ‘67. I sent my OE stuff to Pro Torque, who is now in Pennsylvania, they used the o be 3 miles down my block.

Anyway! They took the OE converter and built it to spec on the info I gave them as well as the intended purpose of the car. It has a 600+ HP handling capacity.

Home - ProTorque | High Performance Drag Racing Torque Converters

Last friday I attempted to install the TC I bought almost 1 year ago.
I couldn't get it to go into transmission far enough to mate motor and transmission together.
I looked up on here what people had done to install TC that wouldn't go in far enough.
I tried what they said to do and no luck.
So all weekend I'm still trying to get it to go in with no luck.
So today I get to call tech support and they say I have the wrong TC!!!
I ask why did they sell me this when you say it will not work. Couldn't answer that.
However, he did tell me I could send it back and I would get a refund.
They don't offer a TC for 67 904!!!

TCI

Ran into the same situation 10 Years ago....WTF? Trying to mate a 69 convertor to a 67 Trans. Nope. Found a 67 convertor 3 miles away for $20 on Craigslist. Ended up buying a set of KH disk brakes off the same guy.

Mike, if you want to use that converter, could you get a local transmission shop to swap out the pump and input shaft to one that will fit your converter? I might be wrong, but I think that is do-able.

-
Back