I'd like to add more power.. Any suggestions???

-

Jkastelein

Reaction score
I just purchased a 70 dart swinger with 340-727. 30 over at 368. 10 1/2 to 1 sealed power pistons,Comp cam 484-294, Mopar M-1 Intake, 188 j heads, edelbrock 750 carb on it... I'd like some suggestions on what I should put on this motor for mods to get more power... Thanks.

A 340 .030" over is not 368 cubic inches...

I'd say get a set of Eddy aluminum heads and have em worked a bit....

bore x bore x stroke x .7854 x number of cylinders = CID or in your case 344.5 cubic inches.

Five leaf blowers and this.... ;)

magnetic.jpg

Or maybe this old school 4 barrel prototype....
BataviaFordMeet_4666_1000.jpg

This might add too much weight...
Cartoon-Water-Powered-Car.jpg

Exhaust ? Gears ? Stall? Is it lacking bottom/mid/top end all? There could be power missing in tuning and setup.

If that's all good heads and roller cam are what comes to my mind for your engines next step.

Ive currently got 355 gears .. Gonna be dropping 410's and a 3000 stall converter in it... What heads do u suggest??

??? pretty good basic platform already Sir.
What cam is in the package ??? (if You can id same)

Get rid of the junk Eldebrock carb quick.

strip dominator single plane and IMM engines Indy X-heads are a good way to get more horses. Try and find a good Thermoquad to keep velocity up with Holley Strip intake. This worked wonders for my 360 280/474 cammed motor in a 1974 dart sport fun mobile!:burnout: I also have 3.55 gears and that is plenty. 4.10's not needed in my opinion. Just better tune and attention to details!:glasses7:

I'd like to add more power.. Any suggestions???

Let's see ? Get in line! Me too! You've joined the correct forum for suggestions !!

Put a timing light on it at idle and see what it reads.

Tons of cars pick up a bunch with simple timing adjustments.

-
Back