ID this crank pulley?

-

CopperheadDart

Reaction score
I found this pulley in my stash, hoping someone can tell me what years it came off of, etc.
It's a three groove, cast iron, only markings are "C168" and "mapco". Bolt pattern appears to be asymmetric.
Thanks for the help, and it's for sale if somebody needs it.

20230904_111829.jpg

20230904_111836.jpg

20230904_111845.jpg

Slant six factory A/C crank pulley it appears to be, don't know what year though. I have had a couple of them...

The slant 6 A/C pulley is a single pulley that bolts on from behind. That is someone's aftermarket crank pulley. "MAPCO" is not Chrysler.

This is similar to what I have, maybe it is off a motorhome but I know for sure I got one like this with three groves off a Mopar... CRANK PULLEY MOPAR DODGE PLYMOUTH MAPCO C-77 FOR AIR CONDITIONING SINGLE GROOVE | eBay
I bet MAPCO might have been the aftermarket company that handled add on air for Mopars. The only A/C pulleys I've ever seen factory for the slant 6 bolted onto the balancer from the back. But like I said, I ain't seed it all. lol That's why I tagged @Charrlie_S. He's the slant man.

I did have a couple of Darts and Sweptline trucks with add-on A/C, that is probably where I got the pulley's I have...

Mapco made pulleys for many of the after market AC companies, and not just for Mopars. I doubt that pulley is for a slant six. All of the aftermarket AC pulleys for the slant, that I have seen, are a single shive cast pulley that bolts to the front of the damper. The factory AC pulley bolted to the rear of the damper, and was stamped steel.
My comments apply to cars and most trucks. However I have seen some trucks that have had special equipment added, that have had multi groove cast pulleys.

Add-on A/C with P/S for a '71 and older V8. Application is anyone's guess. You'd have to measure the offset and diameter to match whatever setup you have.

-
Back