ididit

-

blk00rt

Reaction score
dropped my car off Friday to Ididit so they could final fit their new steering column to it and write the installation manual. They are going to start offering Abody Steering columns.:cheers::cheers::burnout:

Gives me the chills; I don't trust anyone with my rides at all, I'm fanatical and I got good at doing my own work. Good luck.

It was my donor column that got the ball rolling. Should be a good product but I wish they would dump their goofball key setup.

yours must have been the other column that was there with mine. They built both our columns at the same time.

I'm curious, are they building it with a collapsible shaft like the factory unit?

I was just about to pull the trigger on an Ididit or Flaming River column for my '60 Dart, but when I asked if they were collapsible columns they both said no :( The only reason I wanted to upgrade was for an added measure of safety.

Is this a 70 and up tilt/column shift column?
Yes they had my 76 column and a 72 column to create it from. I had mine made tilt wheel floor shift but they can do a column shift as well. The one I took them was a column shift.

I'm curious, are they building it with a collapsible shaft like the factory unit?

I was just about to pull the trigger on an Ididit or Flaming River column for my '60 Dart, but when I asked if they were collapsible columns they both said no :( The only reason I wanted to upgrade was for an added measure of safety.

From my understanding all the ididit colums are a collapsible by design. Not like the factory but the internals are collapsible, the part that actually collapses is the part in the engine bay and the internal shafts. I would say call Ididit and talk to either Kelly or Scott. They can confirm and are very nice people.

It was my donor column that got the ball rolling. Should be a good product but I wish they would dump their goofball key setup.
I think your column is the one that was made with the GM Key setup. They said they were going to make mine with the chrysler key.

if it has that stupid key set up that looks like a stinking forklift set up i'll never buy one.

4551d1297288062-1983-cj-7-tilt-steering-column-ididit-001.jpg

I went with a flaming river polished tilt keyless column, but I did use an Ididit keyless remote pushbutton starter which is super slick. Just like the late model cars you only need to carry the key fob in your pocket, hop in and push the button and go. Love it.

if it has that stupid key set up that looks like a stinking forklift set up i'll never buy one.

Damn, Joe, jus' today I was trynnna figure a way ta transplant all this..........

toyota%282%29.jpg

Any updates?
sorry guys been gone for a while. I just picked up the dart this weekend from Ididit. They had it longer than they expected. They wanted to make the brackets fit better and then powder coat them to make them look nice. The car is still on the trailer due to finishing up some other projects before woodward but after woodward it will go in the garage to get its wiring finished.

sorry guys been gone for a while. I just picked up the dart this weekend from Ididit. They had it longer than they expected. They wanted to make the brackets fit better and then powder coat them to make them look nice. The car is still on the trailer due to finishing up some other projects before woodward but after woodward it will go in the garage to get its wiring finished.
Well?

fit is great, when I rewired the car I switched over to a mallory ignition and I had to get their time delay relay pack to keep the car running while it switches from instant start to run. I like I how it looks just have to quit putting little projects on the car and drive the thing..

fit is great, when I rewired the car I switched over to a mallory ignition and I had to get their time delay relay pack to keep the car running while it switches from instant start to run. I like I how it looks just have to quit putting little projects on the car and drive the thing..
Thanks for the update Sir. By any chance do you have a part number of sorts? Spoke with Derek today, he made no mention of a specific column for an A-body....

My column was done by Scott there, Also they had another members column being done there at the same time.

-
Back