idler arm 67 225 valiant

-
My suggestion would be to get over to the want ads and post a want

67 is a one-year deal. You might consider "options."

You can use a later K member, or you can fabricate the equivalent of the 68/ later idler.

In my case --V8-- I wanted the newer spool engine mounts, so I used a 73/4 K which "fixed" both problems.

You could "have" my idler, but it's worn out

I have an idler arm that I'm not sure of the year. I bought it on eBay years ago, as it was advertised for my year car, but it didn't fit as the stud and sector shaft hole was too small. It might be an older year being smaller. I'll get a pic and post it so you can see it.

Ok so I found my old pic already, I had it online still. Not sure if it's a 67 year, but it's smaller than even the 68-72 idlers as it wouldn't fit my 71.

Pitman_Arm.jpg

That one is called a pitman arm.
The 67 idler arm has a ball stud both ends.

Are the 67 A body Idler arms that hard to come by ?

I don't know 'bout hard, but certainly expensive

That one is called a pitman arm.
The 67 idler arm has a ball stud both ends.

Lol. Yessir it is and I know better. Whoops.

And I saw a pic from bigblockdart.com that showed the '67 both-end ball stud type.

So, anyone know what pitman arm this is for?

67 idler arm was a poor design. Of course this was more of a factor when the cars were driven on ice/snow. Slide into a curb with either front wheel and the single tang on the K would bend changing the toe setting. For 68 up the engineers fixed that with a two tang bracket on the K and a through bolt attaching the arm.
If you have means to change that bracket, that is your best move. Doesn't necessarily have to be slippery roads to bang a curb.
The more common idler arm is less expensive too.

I have MOOG one-year only 67 Idler arm. $80 plus shipping

-
Back