Idler arm

-

63TOAD

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I need help in installing the idler arm in my 66 Valiant. I cannot seem to find a way
to tighten the nut much less torque it. What am I missing? 75 people have read my earlier
post with no replies. Is it that simple to do. I am really stumped. Thanks from a 71 year old
Mopar dude.

I'm not familiar with your year and the location of it. Can you provide a picture? Does it have a cotter pin that goes through it? If it does, make it gudentite and pin it.

I don*t think I should have to remove y pipe and torsion bar to tighten it

My problem is I cannot get a wrench on it
Well we need a photo. Everybody else gets a wrench on there???

I've been know to take "my worst" wrench whatever size I need and cut, heat, bend weld, etc etc. and MAKE a wrench that will fit. I used to bend smaller ones, like 9/16, with a propane torch in a vise. Used to have a 58 bend for the starter, and a box end for whatever the hex was on my spark plug socket, and one of THOSE was sawed off to make it as short as possible.

Well we need a photo. Everybody else gets a wrench on there???

I've been know to take "my worst" wrench whatever size I need and cut, heat, bend weld, etc etc. and MAKE a wrench that will fit. I used to bend smaller ones, like 9/16, with a propane torch in a vise. Used to have a 58 bend for the starter, and a box end for whatever the hex was on my spark plug socket, and one of THOSE was sawed off to make it as short as possible.

-
Back