If you are considering 15" Steelies.....

-

pgkeating

Reaction score
I had a set made a couple of years ago. They came out awesome and every FABO member I've sent there had good results.

If you are considering going to 15" steelies, he uses 14" SBP centers and welds 15" hoops on (to any BS you desire), he powder coats and delivers for a very reasonable price. He makes these wheels for the big wheel houses too.

The guy has been a victim of the economy and is only in the shop a couple of days a week now. If you'd like to consider this silent philanthropy, then by all means.....

PM me if you'd like his contact info.

Thanks,

Pete

Since "he" manufactures for the big wheel houses, I'd rather not identify "he" openly on the board.

make sense?
PK

So my 14 inch LBP rallyes could be 15 or evn 17 inch rallyes ?

Redfish- Not sure if he has the hoops for 17", but definitely can do 15". He has a junkyard near his shop and gets the centers from there. I suppose you could call and have him use your Rally centers. You'll (obviously) pay shipping in both directions.....

I suppose the 14" tires going away has driven the business for A body folks.....

If he can convert 14 inch rallyes into 15 inch rallyes, true round and balanced, and affordable, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one interested.

For my 68 GTS, he did 15X7 fronts and 15X8 rears (4.5 BS I think) for around a hundred a piece & prolly $20.00-ish shipping per wheel.

Since you are supplying the centers, I'd think it would be cheaper, but there will be 2 way shipping.

Can't hurt to ask? PM me if you'd like his contact info.

PK

if he is a victim of the economy keeping his contact info is not helping the problem
if as you say he is only working a couple days a week, it sounds like he needs MORE business not less

I thought about posting it, but if he loses the big wheel houses, I think he'd really be sunk. I was trying to be judicious about putting him out on the board, because I don't really know whether he'd mind or not(?)

I answered two PMs yesterday, giving his contact info, so a few have stepped up. I'm on the board quite often and don't mind answering/giving his info to those who might need it.

PK

I got a pair of 15 x 7's and 15 x 8's from him too. The price was very reasonable and included the cores. The was work exceptional; the wheels are straight, round and true. It cost considerably less for four wheels, powdercoated and shipped across the country than it would have from any of those big houses. PK, wish him luck.

Attachments

• Wheels.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 608
  • 15s_1.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 548
I got a pair of 15 x 7's and 15 x 8's from him too. The price was very reasonable and included the cores. The was work exceptional; the wheels are straight, round and true. It cost considerably less for four wheels, powdercoated and shipped across the country than it would have from any of those big houses. PK, wish him luck.
nice stance on the 63 :thumrigh:

Those rims are hot on your ride man. Wickedly cool.

I see a single tailpipe. What's under the hood?

If that doesn't look like the ultimate grandma stop light car.....sweet!

PK

One-seventy slamming six. Deciding on it's next method of motivation now. It needs about 200 more HP to keep up with the look.

Not meaning to hijack your good intentions, but most major metropolitan areas have people that can cut and make any width wheel you want. Hell, I live in KC and we have TWO guys that can do it. And you don't have to pay shipping.

That's interesting. I guess I hadn't checked that out.

The real reason I went to a custom steel wheel, was that 14" tires are getting difficult to find. I had a set of 14" SBP centers, welded to 15" hoops. Of course, the new wheels were wider as well.

Just my .02

Not meaning to hijack your good intentions, but most major metropolitan areas have people that can cut and make any width wheel you want. Hell, I live in KC and we have TWO guys that can do it. And you don't have to pay shipping.

Guess that all depends on where you are. I couldn't find anyone local to me that would touch them. I don't want to put prices in here, but I called, gave a credit card number and had four wheels arrive powder coated for about what I would have paid for four wheels for a normal car at Pep Boys. And that included the shipping and the cores. IM if you want to know what I paid.

Those look awesome! What is the BS on the rears and what tyres? And did you do any modification to make them fit? Looking for something wider for my -64.. It has now 5.5 rims whit 185 tyres.. :burnout:

-
Back