If you had xray vision!

-
you should give him a big *** negative on ebay!!! I'd ride him like a rented pony for pawning off crap like that!!!! EBAY has been transformed into EPRAY which is sad because it's a good medium to move stuff too and fro...

you should give him a big *** negative on ebay!!! I'd ride him like a rented pony for pawning off crap like that!!!! EBAY has been transformed into EPRAY which is sad because it's a good medium to move stuff too and fro...
I wanted to but like I said he strung me along long enough that the time frame was up to post a negative. I even filled out the survey for ebay on my purchase, stating what happened and how the transaction went and nothing came of that either. I wish I had lived closer ,could maybe have done something about it. Just another scammer getting away with it. But on the positive the:angryfir: car is going to be better than I had hoped for.

Problem is you only have a certain time frame to do this in, I was outside that window. The seller knew more about ebay than i did. Ebay suggests trying to resolve the issue amoungst yourselves before filing a complaint. Seller kept leading me on until it was to late. Said he would make it right one way or another . then once time was up flipped the tables and said I must have blown the motor. Like I said to all members on here if buying off ebay beware of a guy called chargergysm!

Had that happen to me. It was on a small piece. I sent back on the promise of a refund. Never got it. Now the asshole has the POS part and my money. Lead me on until it was too late.

OK that sucks and all that and I hope it never happens to anyone again.

So, lets focus back on the positive - what a rockin` car he's building/going to have when done.

Great work on the heads brother need more car ****.

this is why I generally dislike buying used parts. Lots of honest folks out there, some people dont even know the condition of the inside of the engine..... then theres folks who know the engine is toast and fleece ya for a buck and half.

With my next car I'm going to just buy a solid block from mopar. Least I don't gotta pay 200-400 bucks only to find from the shop that the walls are paper thin.

I've been screwed before.... guy told me the block in the car was a 351 cleveland (ford) and had all sorts of racing parts. By the time I tore it down, everythings damn stock and it's not a clev. I think it was a 302. Took him on his word. Nowadays I check codes on cars i buy and refuse to buy used parts. 2,500 and i ended up with a 400 buck engine and an immensely rusted out firewall/floor. You couldn't tell the floor was rotted cause it was rivetted then epoxied over with goads of undercoat.... oh god i think i still have pictures somewhere. You know what he used for a patch panel? A stop sign. I'm not even shitting and the patch panels in the wheel wells were circa 60s license plates!!!!!

Still got em in the storage.

Asktoro - I hear ya on the "creative" use of "what-evers-around". Never heard of using old license plates before, street signs for floors yes.

Your avatar is rather interesting - my daughter does this type animation - did you create or find somewhere?

Sorry guys lets get back on task here. So when are you planning on having it ready to fire up = must get video.

looks nice buddy! are those prow roller rockers? whats the specs on the motor?
Motors a 30 over 340, scat rods steel crank, 1.5 prw rocker set up. 202 intakes cut down to 196 to save the seats and machining. Fairly mild isky cam. Ld340 intake eddie carb,custom stainless headers, backed by 727 . rough calculations are an honest 310 horse at the back wheels with about 350 ft lbs. of torque.

this is why I generally dislike buying used parts. Lots of honest folks out there, some people dont even know the condition of the inside of the engine..... then theres folks who know the engine is toast and fleece ya for a buck and half.

With my next car I'm going to just buy a solid block from mopar. Least I don't gotta pay 200-400 bucks only to find from the shop that the walls are paper thin.

I've been screwed before.... guy told me the block in the car was a 351 cleveland (ford) and had all sorts of racing parts. By the time I tore it down, everythings damn stock and it's not a clev. I think it was a 302. Took him on his word. Nowadays I check codes on cars i buy and refuse to buy used parts. 2,500 and i ended up with a 400 buck engine and an immensely rusted out firewall/floor. You couldn't tell the floor was rotted cause it was rivetted then epoxied over with goads of undercoat.... oh god i think i still have pictures somewhere. You know what he used for a patch panel? A stop sign. I'm not even shitting and the patch panels in the wheel wells were circa 60s license plates!!!!!

Still got em in the storage.
And I thought I had it bad. Thats insane! I guess the guy figured with the stop sign and license plates they were still automotive oriented.

Asktoro - I hear ya on the "creative" use of "what-evers-around". Never heard of using old license plates before, street signs for floors yes.

Your avatar is rather interesting - my daughter does this type animation - did you create or find somewhere?

Sorry guys lets get back on task here. So when are you planning on having it ready to fire up = must get video.
If all goes well hopeful for the end of the month, but there always seems to be another snag or two , or three or......

Had that happen to me. It was on a small piece. I sent back on the promise of a refund. Never got it. Now the asshole has the POS part and my money. Lead me on until it was too late.
It's not right man someone should start a company that sells carma.

i hate when stuff goes sour. on the otherhand i have sold things honestly thinking they were good but only to findout it came apart or broke in some way. honestly stuff like that is a part of the hobby but he should make it up to you in some way i always make sure i do people right just to keep it from coming back to me.

i hate when stuff goes sour. on the otherhand i have sold things honestly thinking they were good but only to findout it came apart or broke in some way. honestly stuff like that is a part of the hobby but he should make it up to you in some way i always make sure i do people right just to keep it from coming back to me.
That's all I expected and that's what he lead me to believe would happen. Said he needed till the end of the month because he had all his money invested in a car he was selling and he wouldn't be able to make it right 'till then. End of the month came and went and so did the agreement.

That's all I expected and that's what he lead me to believe would happen. Said he needed till the end of the month because he had all his money invested in a car he was selling and he wouldn't be able to make it right 'till then. End of the month came and went and so did the agreement.

Do you have those promises in email or otherwise in writing? You could show ebay that he strung you along on purpose in order to run out the clock.

I would still file a complaint with ebay and show them that if you have it.....if nothing else, it makes the complaint against the guy official and is background in case another person gets hosed by him.

But they say that everything happens for a reason.....you will have a fresh new mill - one that you KNOW what is in it -- to power that beauty.

Do you have those promises in email or otherwise in writing? You could show ebay that he strung you along on purpose in order to run out the clock.

I would still file a complaint with ebay and show them that if you have it.....if nothing else, it makes the complaint against the guy official and is background in case another person gets hosed by him.

But they say that everything happens for a reason.....you will have a fresh new mill - one that you KNOW what is in it -- to power that beauty.
I have all the emails pertaining to the purchase of the car and then all the string along emails. But after filling out ebay survey and having a statement come up after filling it out stating someone from ebay would probably be contacting me because of my response , then nothing. I figure it's like pissing in the wind. So lets move on. It's all for the better , cars going to be rock solid.

Had to machine rocker shaft towers.all part of blueprinting. Hard to believe how far off some of this stuff is from the factory. Shaft setup is right on now. Just waiting for the crankshaft to get back, after mock-up needed a little more side clearance.

An update if your following along. Numbers on the pistons are piston heights above the block deck, worked out real nice. The last photo is a shot of the master at work. (Dad)

Doesn't look to have a history of screwing people. He has all good ratings with no negatives and looks to have sold a number of cars and trucks on Ebay.

I hope you're picking Dad's brain so you can "carry on oh wayward Son". By the looks of the way he "meticulously" does things, "he's never done this before" = not. You're one lucky guy to have a Dad that knows what's what. Pick that brain young man. Can't wait to hear it run.

Hey bud, I talked to you on the truck site for a bit there. Dart looks great, and engine build looks like its coming along great too. Mind if I ask where you had your tranny built? I've got a 727 to put behind my 340 as well and need it built. A friend recommended C&S Transmissions in Lantzville, but I don't know much about them yet.

Doesn't look to have a history of screwing people. He has all good ratings with no negatives and looks to have sold a number of cars and trucks on Ebay.
Yeah I know but when it came time to go good, he backed out big time and said all I was trying to do was extort money from him. Lesson learned try to by locally if possible.

-
Back