illuminated shift buttons

-
***, it is pretty easy to change that bulb out. When you do i would take all the shifter buttons out and clean them up. I did mine because they were dusty and dirty i just put them in warm soapy water and cleand them. then i used white paint on the buttons for the letters.

I've never done any work on a pushbutton before...Do you just pull the headlight switch and wiper knobs and take off the outer panel,or do you remove the whole switch assembly.

Thanks

Yup once the pushbuttons are exposed you should be able to get to the light bulb. The buttons will come right off. I am thinking of going to the bright LED lighting, don't know how you feel about it but you are going to be in there anyway.......

Ok thanks....you wouldn't happen to have a 65 driver side door lock.

Thanks

If you pull the buttons, carefull with the neutral one.....it has a hook on the end that will break off if you just pull on it.

Good tip cudamark. I was reading this thread and thinking that I will do it, then I saw your tip on the neutral button - thanks!
Gary

Apparently they do light up, I was out in my 64 Valiant tonight for the first time at night since I acquired it last year, had my lights turned on, they look kind of cool with a greenish tinge. Retro.

Dan

-
Back