Im a Idiot / Help needed electronic ign

-
Thanks everyone. All the diagrams and well, most of the info was great. I seem to have a habit occasionally on asking questions......yes some not hard but i dont know, that turns into a pissing match or something. I guess i should just not ask...........Thanks again

Thanks everyone. All the diagrams and well, most of the info was great. I seem to have a habit occasionally on asking questions......yes some not hard but i dont know, that turns into a pissing match or something. I guess i should just not ask...........Thanks again

Whatever, don't sweat it.
At least you got pretty much all the possible options. :D

Not true. Look at 273's post. The wiring Joe gave is only for the 1-ballast type and would melt the ECU if the original one that needs the 2-ballast. As I said "more confusing".

Well Bill,looks like the original poster is working on a 67 with a you guessed it
2 prong ballast resistor. But you already knew that.So yes,Joes diagram is perfectly correct.

Its a 1 wire hook up.Turn the key on,find out which ballast wire is hot,hook the blue harness wire to it ....done. Not to complicated.

Dam......The sky isn't falling afterwards........:glasses7:

Not true. Look at 273's post.
Well Bill,looks like the original poster is working on a 67 with a you guessed it
2 prong ballast resistor. ... Its a 1 wire hook up.Turn the key on,find out which ballast wire is hot,hook the blue harness wire to it ....done. Not to complicated.

Dam......The sky isn't falling afterwards........:glasses7:

I totally lost you. What does the type of ballast in his 67 points car have to do with the task of wiring in the electronic ignition? If the ECU he has is the true 5-pin type, he will need the dual ballast or he will fry the ECU. The 2nd ballast resistor (5 ohm) was put there to protect the ECU. If it isn't confusing, why are you confused when you claim expertise on these Mopar ignitions?

heres a hint to test the coil in the distributor. the distributor has two wire coming out. get an analog volt meter. put the meter on the lowest AC setting. put the meter wires in to the dist wires, order does not matter. then spin the dist. the AC needle should move a little if the coil is working good. do note the needle will not move much just a little.

heres a hint to test the coil in the distributor. the distributor has two wire coming out. get an analog volt meter. put the meter on the lowest AC setting. put the meter wires in to the dist wires, order does not matter. then spin the dist. the AC needle should move a little if the coil is working good. do note the needle will not move much just a little.

Should be able to generate 1v AC

-
Back