I'm an idiot but have followers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's his and your opinion, who cares. it must be nice to lead such a charmed and upstanding life. it is you sir, who is stirring the pot.
let it go, this is not a mind changing place.

So you are set on agreeing with what happened? Are you married, have kids, nephews, nieces, anybody? What would your opinion be if that whole thing took place and he had wrecked and hit someones family and hurt or killed them?

Yes. Yes I do. If you weren't one of the whiners then you wouldn't have been offended. Just saying.

Really? That's one way of looking at it.

Unfortunately the truth is; the only ones that are whining are the ones that think they are State Troopers.

Everyone else, like myself was enjoying the story. Flip back a few pages at your leisure, and you'll see that.

Maybe eat some breakfast and drink some coffee while you do, you get cranky when your hungry. :eek:ops:

Slap away slappy. Harash language for stupid actions that are being condoned. Sometimes you have to stop holding peoples hands and give them a taste of reality. And apparently some people don't respond to normal language and just being told how wrong they are.

Your no better... I do t see you respo ding to the mods stating that the cussing needed to stop

The mods did what they felt was necessary. You going back and quoting various different posts is simply stirring ****. People like you are the reason I don't come back here very much. A BUNCH OF WHINING *** BITCHES HERE. And that goes for everybody not just the OP.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out bud!

Justin knows small block engines. He is a craftsman and a good one, at that.

It's unfortunate that there wasn't much moderation on his part, running what he built. More unfortunate that the insults started, which doesn't reflect on his ability to build engines.

There was one point in my life when I used to enjoy sanctioned and organized street racing. It is certainly a rush, but the risk didn't pan out for me. I never got in trouble, but I watched a lot of trouble. Life threatening accidents, cops, life threats over winning pots. Horror stories of hand guns at McDonalds... **** I just don't need in my life.

I couldn't see it ending well if I kept participating, so I bowed out of the scene.

One story that crosses my mind;

I've been a passenger in a car driven like this on busy streets, against my will. Dodgey 9" drum brakes on pizza cutters, bad ball joints and manual steering, e-brake engaged so the car could slow down, when the brakes went on.

You could feel the slicks grabbing the white paint on crosswalks better than the dirty tarmac. At that point, you realize it's pointless to wear a seat belt, because in a car that can run tens with no bar, no speedo cable, a warm blanket full of nitrous in the trunk with a fuel cell and no divider, you are going to die if it's needed.

Not everyone lets this slide, but you don't know who will on the street without asking, and you may not get a level answer. It's a rush, but it's sketchy. There is an ugly side to street racing that I've seen and it was enough to keep me away.

So you are set on agreeing with what happened? Are you married, have kids, nephews, nieces, anybody? What would your opinion be if that whole thing took place and he had wrecked and hit someones family and hurt or killed them?

Like you've never done stupid stuff? Ever tail gated someone or slammed on the brakes when someone did it to you? Your about as full of it as a Christmas turkey like the the others...

Really? That's one way of looking at it.

Unfortunately the truth is; the only ones that are whining are the ones that think they are State Troopers.

Everyone else, like myself was enjoying the story. Flip back a few pages at your leisure, and you'll see that.

Maybe eat some breakfast and drink some coffee while you do, you get cranky when your hungry. :eek:ops:

Not cranky. I have been up since 6 am, ran 11 miles, and then went for a 3.5 mile hike with my family. I am good. I am not being a State Trooper. I just don't want kids on here to see this and think it is acceptable behavior on the road. I see what happens when people take risks, I see it every day in my profession. I have to take risks that no one here on this site has to take and that's fact. I shouldn't be put at additional risk while driving because some one is stupid.

I like to agree to disagree, to each his own I say.
I don't play the " what if " game.
and yes, I have children and grandchildren.

Is this really how we want to spend our Sunday afternoon guys?

Bickering over stuff on the computer?

Let's all travel to a happy place now lol.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 251
Like you've never done stupid stuff? Ever tail gated someone or slammed on the brakes when someone did it to you? Your about as full of it as a Christmas turkey like the the others...

I have I will admit. But I wasn't a grown man when I did. I was a stupid teenager that felt invincible. I don't drive stupid anymore. Not because I care so much about others but because I have a family and a daughter. I am gone from home enough that being dead or in jail because of stupid driving is completely unacceptable. I drive everyday in DC traffic. I drive under the speed limit on I95 and stay in the right lane. Driving stupid as an adult is stupid and there is no excuse ever.

I like to agree to disagree, to each his own I say.
I don't play the " what if " game.
and yes, I have children and grandchildren.

I like your wording. And you don't have to agree but you can see my point of view. As I can yours.

This thread is a classic. Two bans in one day then someone questions the ban and gets jumped on for it. People get worked up on here so easily it's almost comical.

Making mistakes does not condone them. If it did, nobody would learn from them.

Have we all? Sure as hell.

Should we encourage it? Probably a bad idea.

When I see a challenge, rolling or at a stop, I let it blow by. The same goes with road rage. They are one in the same and can end up ugly.

Come to think of it, when I see another gearhead in their rig, I usually strike up a brief conversation next to them and give them props. That's about it.

I have I will admit. But I wasn't a grown man when I did. I was a stupid teenager that felt invincible. I don't drive stupid anymore. Not because I care so much about others but because I have a family and a daughter. I am gone from home enough that being dead or in jail because of stupid driving is completely unacceptable. I drive everyday in DC traffic. I drive under the speed limit on I95 and stay in the right lane. Driving stupid as an adult is stupid and there is no excuse ever.

I agree as I have a wife and daughter as well. I don't drive under the speed limit, but drive safely with them.

Congrats on your ability to respond without vulgar language lol

I agree as I have a wife and daughter as well. I don't drive under the speed limit, but drive safely with them.

Congrats on your ability to respond without vulgar language lol

That's hard one being military. It's almost required. But I drive slow as I leave early for everything. People around here seem to think time is more important then safety. I see at least 3 wrecks a day and at least 1 rollover a week. Nothing is more important than safety. I don't care how late someone is they can just be late and drive safe.

That's hard one being military. It's almost required. But I drive slow as I leave early for everything. People around here seem to think time is more important then safety. I see at least 3 wrecks a day and at least 1 rollover a week. Nothing is more important than safety. I don't care how late someone is they can just be late and drive safe.

Thanks for your service. I always leave early to leave room for the margin of error.

Thanks for your service. I always leave early to leave room for the margin of error.

I have to be at work at 0630. I leave at 0510 and it is a 23 minute drive no matter how fast or slow I drive. So I choose slow. Better on fuel and hopefully won't cause a wreck that will make everybody late and then want to drive fast.

Waggs I will go ahead and apologize now before you read my comment in a previous post as I know I drop it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back