I'm going backwards on my dart!

-
You know, if I was in your position I'd start thinking seriously about finding a more solid body to work with. There are a ton of good cars around this area for relatively cheap money. Even if you are fully capable of doing this work or have a desire to learn it's just not going to be cost effective and it may be years before you get the car on the road. If this was a rare or special car in some way I guess you could justify the expense and aggravation but if it's just a Dart....? At any rate, this is only a suggestion. That car seems way rusty for a Northwest car to me.

I hear ya Red Scampi, Thats something I've been thinking about. I have a load of good part on this one and could swap them over to a decent body.

That's what I was thinking. I wish I'd kept my parts car around, all it needed was a roof skin. Ironically you have the front clip from that car now! :) But I bet you could find a good 71 or 72 for 1000 to 1500 that might just need some attention to the quarters or a bit of floor work.

Someone needs to be kicked in the junk for doing that. +1 on finding a new body. Makes you wonder what else the previous owner has hidden and how safe the car actually is. Good luck.

thats a tough call to make.
If you do decide that you want to fix this dart I have a working welder and am Icar certified. I do like fish!

Man:angry7: I am so sorry to see you going though this bud, I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope a good end to this threads is near:happy10:

Thanks Mike, Some one did a great job of hiding alot of bad things on this car. To bad too because it's a good looking car ! That is untill you start digging around under the bondo!:angry7:
I'm not ready to give up on it yet I think I'll strip it down and see exactlly what I have. Then go from there.
Ross thanks for the offer, I'll start taking things apart and figure out what I want to do. Yeah, I like fish too!
My Buddies are heading up to Canada to go fishing next week but I can't make it this year. :cry:

-
Back