I'm not gray anymore!

-

cudamark

Reaction score
Starting to look like a car again. Still needing to be buffed and undercoated before I start assembling things. Waiting on parts too! What a drag that's getting to be. Might be another year before I get everything the way it's going......

redvert.jpg

It's for the wife. It was her decision. As long as it wasn't green, pink, or brown, I was good with it! :lol:

That looks really good!

I glanced at the thread title and thought it said "I'm not gay anymore". My bad.

2 questions. 1. Is that base clear or single stage; 2. Is that Viper Red?
Single stage. Still needs to be cut and buffed. Letting it harden a bit more first. I can't remember the name off the top of my head. I'll find out and post it. Here's another shot from the side. The shop lighting makes it look a bit lighter than it is.

redvert3.jpg

Last edited:
Single stage non metallic, when properly cut and buffed, gives an amazing luster, and yours already looks darn good. I'm sure you know this, but without a clear coat, you will need to protect the paint well with a good quality wax or coating after the prescribed curing period (usually 30-60 days). I use Blackfire Ceramic coating from Autogeek.net. The shine is amazing. I did my new black Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 years ago, and it still looks great and sheets water like crazy.

That's a single stage paint? It looks VERY good!

My buddy worked for an aircraft maintenance facility for Hawaiian Airlines and grabbed 5 gallons of their red paint color. That looks just like it. He shot it himself in his garage and spent about 2 weeks wet sanding the coconut texture down to a pretty nice looking finish! Yours already looks better than his ever did.

-
Back