"Im not saleing im looking" Funny CL ad

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope this isn't a member but it was too funny not to share. He's looking for a 440 or 400 but what he really wants is a 340 and he's willing to pay $100 for it.

Im not saleing im looking

Im looking for a old dodge 440 or 400 motor i really want a old 340 if its dry stuck thats fin i can get it loos and back to where it should be im not going to pay 400 dollers for a stuck motor the highest i would pay is 100 dollers thats it and it dont mean thats what im going to pay i will look at small block dodge motors to i really want a old 340 motor

Reminds of the friend who told me about the time he went to the car scrap yard to buy a good running 350 motor. The first yard he went to said that he could have one for only $175 unfortunately that particular scrap yard didn't have any good running 350 motors. The second scrap yard he went to wanted $450.00. My friend went ballistic....he said, "That's crazy man!!" "I just came from another scrap yard and they said they could let me have one for only $175.00!!" The owner of the second scrap yard said in a condescending tone, "Well if they only wanted $175 for their motor what are you doing here?? My friend said, "They're out of stock on 350 motors". The owner of the second scrap yard laughed out loud and said, "Well if I didn't have any good running 350 motors I would let you have one for $100!!!!!!!!!!!!, go tell that to the other scrap yard owner and see if you can get him to come down on his price?????"

Why did this pop into my head? First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

-
Back