I'm screwed GD *&^^%**^%&%(*&^(* YAHOO email

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I've had Yahoo email for ?? 20 years?? I guess, 15 at least

The what was once "recovery" email is no longer valid, it was an Adelphia account, the changed to Time Slimer "roadrunner" and is now Spectrum

I had it set up to always stay logged in. I had been using it more because the roadrunner (Spectrum) is so slow it's a crime wave. .......and yes, I've complained........

So this morning, and I've been getting a bit more "nonsense" in my browser, decided to clean it (Firefox) out, and of course this logged me out of Yahoo email

So the password IS JUST NOT ENOUGH. We have to go through about 3 "Captia" "how many squares contains naked trannies, how many squares contains decapitated Pepsi drinkers, you know

Then they want "the town I grew up in."

AND THEN. What street did I grow up on

So I can't remember HOW exactly I entered this damn thing. Was it capitals or not, was it run together, what?

Was it acorn? Acorn? ACORN? Acorn st? Acorn STREET? West Acorn? W. Acorn? West Acorn Loop?

Get it????

So I finally called Yahoo's "sign up and you pay now pay much, pay more later" phone service and CALLED BACK FIVE TIMES

The second to the last person (all non Speenglish speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeking Asians) told me she "needed a recent email address I sent to and subject line."

So I called my friend Bill, who gave me his [email protected], and one was "photo" and one was "re: neighbor's new dump truck"

.........And I called Yahoo back......AND THEY WANT MORE EMAILS I SENT............

Let's say I asked you the exact time date and price when you ate your first hamburger? Would you know that? Of COURSE you would!!!!

The thing is "they are all the same." They (Yahoo, Google, they,...........) are all the same. Nobody is accountable, nobody speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks English, nobody can actually help and yet they want 'all you got.'

Don't even get me started on Time/Warner (now Spectrum/Comcast or whatever they're called this week)! Up to 200 Mb my @$$. On a good day I get about 1. Everything gets caught in a constant buffering loop or won't even load. Call and complain and they tell me it's "up TO" 200Mbps, and speed is dependent on usage my area... Would I like to upgrade? Internet, phone and cable? WHY WOULD I DO THAT? YOU CAN'T EVEN GET MY BASIC SERVICE WORKING RIGHT!!
Alas, no alternatives around here other than AT&T, and they're still working off old phone lines in my area.
Yeah, it's a joke, and they're all the same. They've got ya by the jewels and they know it. I feel for ya.

I'm on Spectrum and while I admit the internet bandwidth is better than Time Slimer, their email server is so slow it should be a federal crime

You might consider satellite up-link, straight from big-brother to you from 200 miles up in Geo-synchroneous "orbit" to you; like your cell phones, tv and whatever. Never mind that you aim your antenna not straight up, but to the nearest pole with a repeater on it,within 30 miles cuz you know, the signal travels line-of-sight and any more than that and the pole gets to be on the other side of the curvature of the Earth. lol.
Ok the formula for curvature is well documented to be 8inches per mile squared so 30x30 x 2/3 ft is 603ft less the height of your antenna, say 20 ft on your roof= 583ft
The repeater at the firehall in my back alley is not half 583 ft and our cell phones do not work in this town.
Del, you probably know this; how much power does a cell phone need to transmit 30 miles, and can you fit said transmitter into your case and operate it on a cell-phone battery?
lol.

The problem is not the internet, AJ. Bad as it is Spectrum cable does connect, the problem is their email server is slow as mollasses, and now that I screwed up with Yahoo, I can't get back into that.

hey, I tried to log in to AMD to order some quarters the other day while they were on sale. I spent an hour and a half and never got to the check-out.
So I sent them an E-mail with all the info minus my credit card number.

Next morning, here was the return E mail ;

profile_mask2.png

Auto Metal Direct <[email protected]>
Wed, Feb 26, 11:38 PM (6 days ago)

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Aj

We welcome you to Auto Metal Direct.

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

• Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.
  • Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours!
  • Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.
  • Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: [email protected].

Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to [email protected].
Yeah now we're done. I didn't want to spend the $1500Usd plus exchange,shipping,brokerage,taxes,and more shipping, anyway; And now you guys just made it easier.

Ok I admit it, my fingers made one mistake, and I had to redo the whole order. Then I entered my password wrong on the verification line. so I had to redo the whole thing again. Then I ticked the wrong box for mailing address, and you guessed it, had to redo the whole thing again. By now I'm getting pretty frustrated.
So next my mailing name appears swapped with into the shipping address and vice versa... so another do over and I screw up on the password again. You can't see your password , you can only see the character you typed. So, since I'm a one-finger typer I have to look where I'm pecking, and by the time I look up to see what I typed, it's gone. Another do over. And I am steaming mad. Ok so now the shipping address is reversed with the billing address, next the mailing address becomes the shipping address, oh for the love of humanity. then I screw up the matching password crap again;
90 minutes goes by and
I reach the breaking point.
I'm done. It's bedtime.
That money will buy me a lotta lotta comfort food. I will never visit that website again.
I wanna send out a great big hug to all you guys who endured to the end and actually got to the finishline.

GEo-sync orbit is ~22,236 miles. you missed a few zeros. Cable modems can slow down due to poor cable, check your signal level. https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB6183-Cable-Signal-Levels Anything from a bad fitting to a rodent chew (losing channel 2,4,37...low Mhz channels only is a big hint)

we used to shoot for -10db on a cable modem line back in the day but it has changed now. You can usually check these from within the modem. Cable is a shared bandwidth network: all your neighbors are streaming, you slow down. DSL although slower than cable is not shared. Our 7Mb DSL is faster at 6PM than Spectrums 50Mb. Of course our 500/500MB fiber is about as fast as anyones. Spectrum GigInternet is 970/30MB. Sat internet is also expensive, around $90 a month for 25Mb and you got a 60G data cap (thats 20 hours of HD Netflix/Mo), there is also ~550ms of latency compared to 10-100ms of DSL or cable modems. I would not consider sat inet unless your on a farm or in a Winnebago. Watch for 5G (Gen) 1Gig internet around the corner. My feeling is that it will become the defacto internet player with a roof antenna feeding down to a 2.4/5.0Ghz home router (that can actually work through walls) when it fully deploys. That will put me out of current work but Ill have to adapt.

hey, I tried to log in to AMD to order some quarters the other day while they were on sale. I spent an hour and a half and never got to the check-out.
So I sent them an E-mail with all the info minus my credit card number.

Next morning, here was the return E mail ;

View attachment 1715480948
Auto Metal Direct <[email protected]>
Wed, Feb 26, 11:38 PM (6 days ago)

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Aj

We welcome you to Auto Metal Direct.

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

• Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.
  • Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours!
  • Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.
  • Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: [email protected].

Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to [email protected].
Yeah now we're done. I didn't want to spend the $1500Usd plus exchange,shipping,brokerage,taxes,and more shipping, anyway; And now you guys just made it easier.

Ok I admit it, my fingers made one mistake, and I had to redo the whole order. Then I entered my password wrong on the verification line. so I had to redo the whole thing again. Then I ticked the wrong box for mailing address, and you guessed it, had to redo the whole thing again. By now I'm getting pretty frustrated.
So next my mailing name appears swapped with into the shipping address and vice versa... so another do over and I screw up on the password again. You can't see your password , you can only see the character you typed. So, since I'm a one-finger typer I have to look where I'm pecking, and by the time I look up to see what I typed, it's gone. Another do over. And I am steaming mad. Ok so now the shipping address is reversed with the billing address, next the mailing address becomes the shipping address, oh for the love of humanity. then I screw up the matching password crap again;
90 minutes goes by and
I reach the breaking point.
I'm done. It's bedtime.
That money will buy me a lotta lotta comfort food. I will never visit that website again.
I wanna send out a great big hug to all you guys who endured to the end and actually got to the finishline.

AJ there is no way you are a one finger typer.

Guy, guys LOLOL we are not taking about cable troubles, we are talkin about email troubles, and the liberal run media outfits and they are "all the same."

I see rumors on the www that yahoo is now owned by Verizon.

i know it doesn't help now, but all my "security questions" get the same answer, no matter what the question. that way i don't care what the question was and the answer doesn't need to make sense. i also save ALL my login info for every site

Guy, guys LOLOL we are not taking about cable troubles, we are talkin about email troubles, and the liberal run media outfits and they are "all the same."

I see rumors on the www that yahoo is now owned by Verizon.
Let's hope for the best...

I "thought" I'd saved it. At least one login will not allow you to give the same answer, gives an error something like "another answer is too similar" or whatever. I've been a "customer" of yahoo for many many years. It is infuriating they don't have better tech help

Let's say I asked you the exact time date and price when you ate your first hamburger? Would you know that? Of COURSE you would!!!!

Funny you asked that. Oct 31st, 1966 at 7pm & it was FREE. I was trick or treating & went in to our local greasy spoon & they gave me a little burger & a 6oz Coke

I remembered my wife's birthday this morning. She is 3 hours away and I called her cellphone from my land line; wonder of wonders the call went thru, and the entire 3 minutes were trouble free.
She thought I was real sweet.
I told her, she's been with me now for almost three times as long as she was with her Mum at "home". She didn't think much of that; Her Mum N Dad are gone, three sisters and a brother are gone, one brother-in-law is in the process, her last brother is not long for the world. That just leaves two sick sisters. Yeah, I'll probably get an earful when she gets home in a couple of days.
Guess I better go out before then and get some flowers. Ain't life grand.
My 50s are gone. My 60s,70s,80s, flippin' everything is gone. I told my boss-to-be,on 93, before he hired me; My God-given talent is to figure things out. God shorted me on memory. Gimme a week, and pay me what you think I'm worth. Yes I did. Every employer afterward since 1993. It worked out real well. By 2003 I was, by popular poll, the highest paid motorcycle/ATV mechanic around and guys were traveling sometimes two hours, or more, to get their stuff in the que. Yeah , I remember that was a good year.
What's that got to do with anything? IDK, I forget . Oh yeah I remember now. Something about remembering first hamburger. Heck, I can't even remember the first time.... making love to my wife, nevermind a stoopid hamburger.
But here's a funny thing; numbers; I remember lots and lots of numbers; phone numbers, credit card numbers, Social insurance numbers, car serial numbers, and part numbers.
And lately,Bible verses. But I can't remember; Book, chapter or verse,lol.
Quick!, what color are your wife's eyes.
I think they are blue.
ouu, I just remembered something; I gotta walk the dog before I pass out. He's not bugging me yet, but he will soon.....

Well the story came to an end, "for now." The Yahoo "techs" claim they no longer ask / use the security questions,----even though the login was doing just that. I tried again tonight, and the software "had forgotten" that I'd tried and faild 6000000000000000 times the other day. I FINALLY guessed the correct spelling/ spacing/ capitolization of my street, and "got in." I finally caved and gave them my effing phone no. BUT THEY WANTED an alternate email, and I caved and gave them the roadrunner.com (Spectrum) one which is so damn slow it's a crime wave.

I did take their customer satisfaction survey..................

yahoosurvey.jpg

Last edited:
If Verizon bought Yahoo, it was only for the patents it holds. They also bought AOL..not for the 8 people that still use it, but for a few internet patents. When they put them together, they created one of the biggest mistakes (Oath) Verizon ever conjured. I have had gmail for ever and if you dont mind getting targeted ads after mentioning something in an email, its a good service. you can get various ad blockers to kill 'em but its like Paypal: hate 'em but too darn convenient to walk away from......

^^On a side note, now I cannot even access gmail. I have not used it for a long time and thought it was time to ressurect. When I try to access the email website (I searched this)

https://www.gmail.com/

it redirects to this page, which is somehow linked to Yahoo

Sign in - Google Accounts

It is "pre filled out" and somehow my Yahoo email got entered there. When I try to edit it and insert my gmail address it treats it as if I'm trying to sign up "new" and informs me "the address is already taken." Well of course it is..........it's my address LOL

I tried this in Firefox, and then Chrome, which should have no related Cookies. Same deal.

gmailredirect.jpg

Last edited:
i know it doesn't help now, but all my "security questions" get the same answer, no matter what the question. that way i don't care what the question was and the answer doesn't need to make sense. i also save ALL my login info for every site
Yeah, but a lot of websites will not let you do that. I just tried at an on-line broker. No can do.

FABO is like your mother, she will hold you tight and make you feel better. Or be like your dad and tell you to get a set and get on with it!

FABO is like your mother, she will hold you tight and make you feel better. Or be like your dad and tell you to get a set and get on with it!

Well, LOLOL, Dad never had effin' email issues.

-
Back