I'm so confused! Summoning the FABO Wiper linkage Gurus .

-
Here's a pic showing the tab on the plate

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 97
Here's one with it in one of the notches

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 96
And here's one of the back side of the plate

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 89
Here's one with it in one of the notches

Thanks for the detailed pics. I think I get it now.

Looks like there are two tabs and 3 positions.
P1 - Center position one tab goes into each notch.
P2 - Rotate clockwise, bottom tab in a notch top is out
P3 - Rotate counter clockwise, top tab is in a notch bottom is out.

Do I have that correct?

Okay I can see clearly now.
The following images are of my motor right after I pulled it from the car. ( I will use this as a reference!.

I've zoomed in on the tabs so you can clearly see the adjustment positions.

Attachments

• 10710755_721236374625406_5621819493450611978_n.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 95
  • motor anotate.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 100
you paid to have it rebuilt ? ask the Kim if your set-up is correct that would answer your question immediately.

I do not recall the part #'s but you should have a white bushing & the correct mounting arm for the vari-speed versus the 2 speed motors on a 69.

There is a thread on this site with info on this very subject--just do not know where it is at currently.

Lawrence

you paid to have it rebuilt ? ask the Kim if your set-up is correct that would answer your question immediately.

I do not recall the part #'s but you should have a white bushing & the correct mounting arm for the vari-speed versus the 2 speed motors on a 69.

There is a thread on this site with info on this very subject--just do not know where it is at currently.

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence. I've got an email and two calls in to Kim. And rather than just sit Around waiting for someone to call back I decided to research and see if I could resolve this issue using all the resources at my disposal.

The 69 service manual has a section on wipers but does not talk about adjusting the park position. With no success there I searched the forum, and you know as well as I do that while the search function on this site is handy for most things it is not the most robust tool.

After hitting the manual, internet and FABO search, I decided the next step was to reach out to my fellow ABody and forum brethren for assistance.

So yeah I need help and hopefully Kim calls back but in the meantime...

Okay I can see clearly now.
The following images are of my motor right after I pulled it from the car. ( I will use this as a reference!.

I've zoomed in on the tabs so you can clearly see the adjustment positions.

Yep you've got it. I'm not real sure about what notch you need so as stated above contact Kim
she could tell you everything you need to know. I still have to think that something is not right about your linkage because the number you gave for the crank arm is correct for 3 speed. You need to remove the wiper arms if you haven't already so when you do get it hooked up and running when the motor parks you can then re install the wiper arms in the correct location.

Man You all are going to think I'm nuts (more than usual)

I checked the park position on the rebuild and it is in the same position as it was in the photo I took during removal.

That said, I decided to reinstall the motor and bench run it while mounted back in the car with the crank attached. Sure enough round and round she goes.

To make myself feel better I attached the linkage with the busing to the crank, hit it with Juice and there she goes spinning like a beautiful ballerina. Yay! No bind I think.. but It was the park position that was driving me crazy. Dare I try to put it park knowing full well there was a bout a 3/8 inch issue?

OF course! why not! so I wired it for park position clip it to power and buzzzz....thunk! It parks! Wait! no way it's in park...right? well let's try to get that ballerina spinning again. Clip, clip, clip to power and she's off! I do this a few times and it keeps working.

Not sure why but hay lets move on to the next step. I'll reconnect the bulk head and try it from the switch. Hoping for the best. right now.

The only change is that I connected the link while in the run position unlike before when I was trying to connect the linkage in park.

It's working. have variable speed and it parks and runs

Heck yea that's what I'm talking about! Glad you got it sorted out

glad to see you got the 3 speed working,,, mine is a 2 speed 67, so just an FYI on how they are. You can see the timing marks I was referring to that you dont have on your 3 speed. I loosen the screws on the clamping ring and rotate the plate under it to a different mark and the park position is changed. I dont understand why the arms would be different from 3 to 2 speed on an A body but learn something every day I guess. I'm thinking all the cranks should be clocked the same though, looks like I might need to check into mine. Hope you dont need those wipers, that car looks clean.

Attachments

• motor timing marks.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 83
  • drivers arm.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 79
  • pass arm.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 85
  • motor parked.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 72
  • motor timing marks 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 80
glad to see you got the 3 speed working,,, mine is a 2 speed 67, so just an FYI on how they are. You can see the timing marks I was referring to that you dont have on your 3 speed. I loosen the screws on the clamping ring and rotate the plate under it to a different mark and the park position is changed. I dont understand why the arms would be different from 3 to 2 speed on an A body but learn something every day I guess. I'm thinking all the cranks should be clocked the same though, looks like I might need to check into mine. Hope you dont need those wipers, that car looks clean.

LoL Thanks Man! and thanks for the help!

-
Back