I'm stoked!!

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally got a chance to get the Demon out for the first time this year. After changing out the lower control arms over the winter it drives like a dream. No twitching or anything like that and very easy to steer. After about 4 miles of testing how it was going to react I gave it an all out blast through 1st and 2nd. Other than the back end washing out a little from wheel spin it was straight as an arrow and very quick. I think I may be all set to take it to the track for it's first timed 1/4 mile. YeeHaw!!

Jack

Glad she,s running true for you Jack!That will be a bonus at the track,I,ll be watching for times,hope you post.Good Luck and heat them up good!

Yesterday I finally got a chance to get the Demon out for the first time this year. After changing out the lower control arms over the winter it drives like a dream. No twitching or anything like that and very easy to steer. After about 4 miles of testing how it was going to react I gave it an all out blast through 1st and 2nd. Other than the back end washing out a little from wheel spin it was straight as an arrow and very quick. I think I may be all set to take it to the track for it's first timed 1/4 mile. YeeHaw!!

Jack
Glad to here some good times has came your way Jack :cheers:
It has been a rocky road for you lately :read2:
I can image you and your Demon banging second gear and smokin the rears =P~

Awesome Jack can't wait, make sure you give me some notice when you are going to make the run and I will be there in Miramichi to see you take the maiden voyage down the 1320, would hate to miss it!

I'm glad to hear she's running and handling well Jack. What prompted you to chenge out the LCA's, and what did you put on there as replacements?

Last year the car was very twitchy and pulled hard to the left when I was getting on it. When I let off it would pull right. I was not a very happy camper with that situation. This winter I decided to take a close look at everything that had to do with steering. what I found was, one of the collars that hold the bushing in place was missing on the right control arm. I had a couple of spares, so I replaced them. The difference is night and day.

Jack

Awesome Jack can't wait, make sure you give me some notice when you are going to make the run and I will be there in Miramichi to see you take the maiden voyage down the 1320, would hate to miss it!

I'll let you know when Marvin. I would like to make it a weekend that Darren is going as well.

Jack

Congrats on finding that pesky little problem with the lower arms.

Post up a video of your run, if you can.
Hope it hooks hard and goes straight......:burnout:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not much sweeter on your ride than a nice new front end "feel"..........Makes it feel like a new car!

Don't forget to post us some times from the track Jack! Have fun and be safe.

Hi Jack how is everything? Glad to hear you got your car figured out. If you need some pointers for the track doen't be shy I was once a class winner (wish it was ss/aa) but unfortuneatly it wasn't. Bone stock 69 Coronet 318 2 bbl even single exhaust ran 16.81 at 81 mph long time ago. But as a 21 year old life didn't get much better than that. My Cuda ran 15.87 with the 2 bbl when I first got in 2001 it but I haven't been back to the track since the intake and 4 bbl. Good luck Bobby

Hi Jack how is everything? Glad to hear you got your car figured out. If you need some pointers for the track doen't be shy I was once a class winner (wish it was ss/aa) but unfortuneatly it wasn't. Bone stock 69 Coronet 318 2 bbl even single exhaust ran 16.81 at 81 mph long time ago. But as a 21 year old life didn't get much better than that. My Cuda ran 15.87 with the 2 bbl when I first got in 2001 it but I haven't been back to the track since the intake and 4 bbl. Good luck Bobby

Pointers are good. It's been about 30 years since I raced at Pennfield. I ran a 70 1/2 SS Camaro in the high 11's and low 12's. Had a bad habit of blowing up engines though. LOL

Jack

I take it the carb is still working good for you.
I'm going to the track Friday night to try out the new M1 single plane I installed this winter - all else the same.

Carb is working super Leo. I made a few minor adjustments before I got it out and they seem to have worked well. There are no bogs or hesitations of any sort. Only time will tell what the top end will be like as I don't like to run it that hard on the street. Good luck on Friday night!

Jack

-
Back