-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nite Moves

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 318 with a 904 trans. Im in need of this style bracket and bushing for a 904 not 727...There is a difference. I had one but its gone to a member here who needed it worst than me...........Thanks

Attachments

• HPIM0861%20(800x600).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 229
904 and 727 are the same it is the year and body style that make the difference

ALL a-body trans brackets are the same. The B-body bracket is longer, I believe (I've got one from a 67 Charger on a trans in the garage plus one or two A-body brackets, but none for sale at the moment).

I d not realize they are the same. Maybe the first one I got that didn't work was off something other than a A body. I need one for my 67 Dart with a 73 904

I made a few that work as good as the originals if you would like pm me and I will send pics I have used the ones I make on dusters and darts both 727 and 904 they work fine

EDIT: So I've been on the net for the last hour and have found conflicting info on these. I have always been told they are NOT the same and that they ARE different from 904 to 727. I know that they have had two distinct brackets from all my years of selling parts. They turn down in different directions. I used to have a comparison photo, but I can't find it right now. Some sellers say that the different models use different pieces but are the same for 727 and 904 (as stated above), one seller says that his fits everything (which I seriously doubt). Anyway, I have the one that I always thought was for 904s for $25 shipped. I'll get a pic of it today.

Ok, I got mine cleaned and it is different from yours. At least I can show the differences in the two brackets. One turns up and one turns down. I was always told that the green one (yours) was for a 727 and the black one (mine) was for a 904. As a parts seller, I see a lot more of the black one than the green one. You know, when I look at the two side by side if you installed it upside down it might have the same angle as the other one :)
904727difference.jpg

the bushing is the same as used for column shift linkage so if you have column shift linkage laying around you don't need (could even be a truck or c-body or whatever)....then you can take the bushing and keep it on the console bracket.

This page from the 67 parts book does not indicate a difference between transmissions in A-bodies...

It looks like there may be some difference in years and I need to get out the see the bracket on my 67 Charger transmission and compare it to my A-body brackets. Looks like the part # is 2660 401. I also love the fact that this part is found in the standard steering section of the book...

Attachments

• GRP-19-TX-PG--10.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 144
All I know is this..........removed the factory 904 from my 67, put a used 727 from a 77 van and bolted the factory console stuff right up. The trans must of course have the bracket holes on the bottom of the tail housing, not all do.

Hey Jim, thats the same info that I have as well. 69 part #'s are the same BUT what is part # 2781419? The description is UPPER bracket torque control shaft???

I think the upper bracket is the one that bolts to the side of the shifter bracket and holds the vertical shaft in place at the top.

this is what I found.

Attachments

• nike 017 (Large).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 130
.............I have also took a 225 w 904 out of my old 67 dart gt and installed a 1973 340 and 727.......no problems of any kind...........kim............I will look for a bracket today.

Classic Industries lists the two different brackets. When you think of it, logic dictates that 904 would be identical as the mount is in exactly the same position. I also think that either bracket turned upside down would be interchangable with the other.
904727difference2.jpg

They can't be interchanged or they will not fit at the correct position on the torque shaft and the angle will be wrong binding the bushing or wearing the shaft/bushing prematurely. You need to use the correct bracket for the year of vertical torque shaft you are using also or it will not fit correctly especially on the 70 E-Body and some of the other years/models

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back