In need of some prayers

-

MoparLvr

Reaction score
I've participated in prayers quite often but never thought I'd need them myself. My wife of 20 years and I are going through a difficult time in our marriage and was wondering if you could see it in your heart to say a prayer for us.

Thanks
Bill

Bill,

Judy and I have 41 years behind us now. A good marrige takes a tremendous amount of work on both sides and prayer is an important part. If it wouldn't be too difficult for you seek out your Pastor or Priest for advice. We'll both pray for the two of you and wish you peace and good luck.

Prayers sent Bill, may all the worldly things stay out of the way during this time in your life and keep each others hart and mind open on each other.

.................My prayers are sent bill..............good luck to you guys.............hope everything works out...........kim.........

Bill, You got it! My wife and I have been married 28 years and had some bumps in the road. We have found communication is the single best tool to work out problems.

My wife and I have been married 25 years and a few times we thought we would not make it. Communication and prayer really helps. So We are praying for you and your wife.

On the way, Bill.
My wife will be married 21 years next month and not all of them have been happy ones. Second marriage for both of us.
Lots of similarities in our first marriages that we both learned from but there's still been enough rocky patches in our marriage that it didn't look like it would make it.
Hang in there and communicate with each other. Talking to others you trust (clergy, etc.) can also help.
You'll work it out.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!! I'm kind of just going through the shock stage now. With a little counseling, a lot of work, and some prayers I'm hoping we can get through this.

Thanks
Bill

Sorry to hear.....prayers sent for you guys to work things out.

May the Lord open your hearts to each other and offer peace and direction to you both as you continue to build on what you started so many years ago!! I sincerely hope that you will see things clear to work on getting back to each other and getting through this difficult time!! May God bless you both, Geof

Through Christ all things are possible. I will pray for you brother. Ask God for guidance in your life. MMG

Well, well, well. Satan rears his ugly head. Imagine that. We;ve always heard he was the father of lies and there is no truth in him. Case proven. He comes in different forms that some dont realize the direction the lies are coming from. It may be thought to be a well meaning friend. BEWARE. How about "The grass is greener on the other side of the fence". Satan will ALWAYS paint a more than beautiful picture but he will NEVER show us the end result of our actions, NEVER. If he did people would be less likly to go his way. You and the wife should consider this as i would certainly hope you both think of youreslves as intelligent beings. That being said you both should consider yourselves as a good judge of character. That's why you chose each other to spend a lifetime with. She/he is the only relative you were allowed to pick and you both did a good job. Now get the rose colored glasses off and get down to livin and life. Give the glasses back to the liar that gave em to ya. A relationship MUST be worked at and no matter what anyone else will say, it is worth the effort. Everyone comes home at night and no one sleeps on the couch. No agueing in the bedroom. That is a neutral zone. In my 30 plus years of marriage i'd be lieing to you two if i told you we never dissagreed with one another. Dont fall for the lies. Marriage is not a situation like small kids where you pick up your toys and go home when you get your feelings hurt. Marriage is "Till death do us part". No one is boss, however the man according to the word of God is the head of the house but in no way should he rule his house without the aid of the most important factor, LOVE, and lots of it. Any and all decisions should be discussed between both parties and perhaps input from others that love the both of you. In my years of marraige i have found there to be only one bad aspect of a marriage and that is this. I will continue to live with this lady i now live with till she or myself dies and look forward to everyday that i have to live with her. She's my mate and a hell of a good one. Only one problem with this. I love her. I'm use to haveing her around to talk to. To snuggle up in bed with EVERY nite, especially on the cold ones. We watch the games on TV together while laying in bed. The car pulls up the drive every evening after work about 5:15 PM and into the garage. My socks are folded neatly and in the top drawer and are more than clean. My tooth paste is in the drawer where she puts it. These things i've grown use to. She has spoiled me and i've tried to do the same to her because we are worth having each other. The bad thing about this marraige is this. Things we grow use to and fond of someday wont be there anymore. The car wont pull in the garage. The tooth paste wont be where it is suppose to be simply because God will take her home or me from her, but the joys that you and her will have will carry you through till the eventual end. I do know that with this economy there are many relationships that will not survive simply because Satan painted them a lie and told them it was all going to be a bed of roses. Just a thought for you to consider. The unity of a family is a force to be reconed with and the Government knows this and the distruction of marraiges is to their benefit. You need to LOVE each other today as if you would not have a chance to do so tomorrow. You and her both have a heart so use it in your day to day relationship. USE IT. I'll PM you my number if ever you or her would love to chat. I can hook her up with my wonderfull wife should she need good advice. With tears i will pray on your behalf and i hope i've said something that you can realize as real in the betterment of both of your lives. God is in control. Just let him do it.
Small Block

....ya, what small block said!!! ..lol
With 29 years behind us I can say It hasn't been an easy road, but it is a road we still choose to continue down together, seems that when one has OTHER ideas and you come up to a Y in the road, sometimes someone steers off not realizing Why they were on the same road in the first place, maybe I should have called it a WHY in the road. .....( I'm not making sense ) Anyway..... I pray for you two to find what you both had before... when it was new and exciting, when you were starting down the road together and headed in the same direction. Put God first in everything.

-
Back