in reguards to laysons

-

CHARGER1969

Reaction score
i talked to his wife on thursday, and dave called me back on friday. he was out of town getting his parts that was taken from him at carlisle when he was arrested. we had a really nice conversation for about 45 minutes. he seams like a really nice guy. he did most of the talking. he said the charges against him was dropped. as far as quarter panels, he has original nos panels he found to make repros from. it may not be for a year until he gets them made because of the cost to make the molds which cost around $80,000. he has the partials which i may be buying from him. he knows of our group evbc and he said he has a couple of our cudas. he has no cataloges but made c.d.s formatted to print out a catalogue. or look up parts. the partial quarter panels are the rear section about 3/4 of the way up. and the center section about 4" above the wheel well. he said any Q call him. sooooooooo if anyone has Q's call him. just go to www.laysons.com. i have bought stuff off of him before and it was really good, but if it was the wrong stuff, their customer service sucked!!!!!! he is really trying to change. i belong to evbc and for a bodies only and a few others. give the guy a chance.

jeff

blah blah blah blah blah....if he was the Only supplier out there i'd go without:thumbdow::thumbdow::thumbdow:...Jack's,Herb's,Dante's all much better to deal with,,,,,,,

man you guys don;t like this guy at all.....I foget what happened and why knowbody here likes him.....fill me in on the link to it...I remeber reading something about it somewhere

Yeah they have some kind of shady pay then wait deal going on. I was fortunate when I dealt with them, but if you go to their website and read thei disclaimer you will understand. I all depends what you need but I have had really good experiences with Tony D and Herb's

i talked to his wife on thursday, and dave called me back on friday. he was out of town getting his parts that was taken from him at carlisle when he was arrested. we had a really nice conversation for about 45 minutes. he seams like a really nice guy. he did most of the talking. he said the charges against him was dropped. as far as quarter panels, he has original nos panels he found to make repros from. it may not be for a year until he gets them made because of the cost to make the molds which cost around $80,000. he has the partials which i may be buying from him. he knows of our group evbc and he said he has a couple of our cudas. he has no cataloges but made c.d.s formatted to print out a catalogue. or look up parts. the partial quarter panels are the rear section about 3/4 of the way up. and the center section about 4" above the wheel well. he said any Q call him. sooooooooo if anyone has Q's call him. just go to www.laysons.com. i have bought stuff off of him before and it was really good, but if it was the wrong stuff, their customer service sucked!!!!!! he is really trying to change. i belong to evbc and for a bodies only and a few others. give the guy a chance.

jeff

I've talked to him in person and he does seam to be a nice guy, but! I've also bought stuff from him and the bad experience's from them contradict that impression.

What customer service???

I'll believe the change when I see it, I do hope your right. The man does make a good product but the frustration of ordering from him and his inflated prices and mark up on shipping is a bigger headache than not having the part at all.

I've given him numerous chances and I got jerked around every time.

man you guys don;t like this guy at all.....I foget what happened and why knowbody here likes him.....fill me in on the link to it...I remeber reading something about it somewhere

I can't speak for anybody else but, I think it's more of his business practices than the man himself. You can be the nicest guy in the world but if you don't know how to run a business with common courtesy, you're going to come off as a total a$$.

buy something. you can figure it out while you wait.

That's just too funny!

They've been advertising the quarter panels for about 2 years now saying that they will be out soon and taking pre-orders for them. They did the same thing several years back with the headlight bezels. It was about 4 years after they started advertising them that they actually had them available. If you buy anything there, only deal with Rick.

Unfortunately, you have to send a message to all the good suppliers, that we will NOT buy from someone who has let us down. Laysons is going to be the example. I have bought from Rick though, and it was a very good transaction.

i loaned them parts to maje repros, 5 years later i finally got my parts back and still no repro of that item, been over 10 yrs.

Also, we have Rick here, from Laysons who takes care of us directly and without issue.

Dave can suck egg's.

Ricks the man!

hey blown fish, i love the supercharger sticking out of the hood. what's the drivetrain? anyhoo yes their customer service does suck, whatever service they do have. all i was saying was they have some things i cannot find anywhere else. so i have to bite the bullet. nobody else makes the quarters, sooo i have to get the partials from him. i always got what i ordered, it was the returns that turned me off. it took months to get refunded.

I've talked to him in person and he does seam to be a nice guy, but! I've also bought stuff from him and the bad experience's from them contradict that impression.

What customer service???

I'll believe the change when I see it, I do hope your right. The man does make a good product but the frustration of ordering from him and his inflated prices and mark up on shipping is a bigger headache than not having the part at all.

I've given him numerous chances and I got jerked around every time.

I can't speak for anybody else but, I think it's more of his business practices than the man himself. You can be the nicest guy in the world but if you don't know how to run a business with common courtesy, you're going to come off as a total a$$.

That's just too funny!

laysons, laysons, laysons, can I put a small block chevy in my mopar? laysons, laysons AAAHHHH!!!! think I will go throw my self out a basement window

i refuse to buy from a company where the owner treats customers like crap and only has 1 decent employee.

Honestly enough talk to laysons in this defending fashion. Maybe the charges were bs but it doesn't change the fact his customer service sucks. IMO if your making customers wait for parts that arn't even in the beginning stages of the molding process you can gtfo. Bye Bye Laysons.

I would think more kindly of Layson's if I hadn't been ripped off for $189 for a part I didn't order.

After billing my credit card $15 a day AFTER I got my parts, I am done with them...

One bad experience about 10 years ago swore I would never buy from them again, one good experience with Rick a few years back then last year I ordered $500 in parts + crazy shipping, then they charged my card again

For that $15 they lost a customer for LIFE; and I have no problems telling my story to anyone...

Yeah, ol' Davey-boy has been a sweet talker for many years, since the mid '90s when he was calling himself "Layson's Sensations" and advertising in the back of the Slant-6 News for people to send in parts for repro. Oops...some people who did so never saw their NOS parts again. Oops...they never got new repros, either. They did, however, get endless excuses from Dave.

For those newbies who don't understand why Layson's inspires such hatred: See, for just a few examples, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

I ordered carpet once. Took 2 months and was the WRONG carpet. Then they told me I could MAKE it work.

I wouldnt order anything EVER

The website is horrible as well. Like so many other parts and service sites it has that "My nephew Cletus can make them there web pages for us for free" functionality.

I have never ordered from him,but I never will.

Seems like "you get what you pay for has been replaced by"you dont getwhat you pay in advance for"..

Im surprized none has gone after him through Visa or Mastercard for non delivery of goods...

-
Back