In the '50's the U.S. went nuts with nuclear weapons tests

-
They were thinking were not gonna take lip from anyone
There is a reason you didn't hear about islamic terrorism in those days

The tests they did over Japan in the 40's didn't tell them all they needed to know.

The Japanese bombsvwerent nothing to what came later. Testing was needed. Nowadays supercomputers do the 'blasts' so no real detonation. But it doesn't mean we still don't test the delivery system, as in ICBM"s. Look on YouTube for MMIII launch.

During one six month period, the United States military blew up 35 nuclear weapons. There were 77 tests in 1958 alone, other tests took place in earlier years. What were they thinking?

Operation Hardtack I

They were thinking they had the baddest weapon in the world and didn't care what the consequences were.
(Like they still think today when they see a horrible weapon)

Just a shot in the dark but they were probably thinking about the Cold War and the amount of test the USSR was doing.

I built many of the bombs that are out there on those missiles. The "smallest" ones in US inventory have 10 times the destructive force as the ones we dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki!!

treblig

And it's why we have an international nuclear test ban treaty now.

During one six month period, the United States military blew up 35 nuclear weapons. There were 77 tests in 1958 alone, other tests took place in earlier years. What were they thinking?

Operation Hardtack I

You better do some research. The U.S. was not the ONLY country that has done nuke tests, not by a longshot. So far as I know the Soviets hold the record for "big" with "Tsar Bomba"

The list according to Wiki

Considering the size of the country and it's military, France went a bit "overboard" doncha think?

I'm a bit amazed that China "didn't do more."

List of nuclear weapons tests - Wikipedia

bomba.jpg

Last edited:
Years ago I visited a couple that had lived in Las Vegas for many years. They used to go out on the porch and watch the tests. Not recommended!

The Japanese bombsvwerent nothing to what came later. Testing was needed. Nowadays supercomputers do the 'blasts' so no real detonation. But it doesn't mean we still don't test the delivery system, as in ICBM"s. Look on YouTube for MMIII launch.

Actually the computers just record the data from the blast. They are using amdro a mixture of diesel and fertilizer like was used in the Kansas City bombing. So the test blast are no longer nuclear but they are still active test. The reason I know is because I worked at White Sands Missile Range.
We used a cement mixing plant to mix the diesel and fertilizer. The last test I was on used 4800 tons of mixture. We built a city complete with Airport and trees and had people dummies Vehicles everything was there and blew it to pieces.

This video blew my mind the first time I saw it.

I did not notice different colors in other countries.
But USA had blue and purple.
Anyone know what do the purple ones in the USA mean?
The first I notice are around 5 mins in 1964.
I see some too in 1973.
And more in the 80s.

I did not notice different colors in other countries.
But USA had blue and purple.
Anyone know what do the purple ones in the USA mean?
The first I notice are around 5 mins in 1964.
I see some too in 1973.
And more in the 80s.

England tested in America apparently

England tested in America apparently

Oh.
I didn't connect it to the British colors.
Duh.
I guess the Austrailians did kick them out.
Good series if it is still on Netflix.

http://www.kued.org/whatson/doctor-blake-mysteries/the-greater-good

The mystery deepens when a local woman starts bothering Dr Blake with fake symptoms that sound suspiciously like radiation sickness – even though she looks fine. Blake wonders whom she is protecting.

Major Alderton enlists Lawson’s help to capture two army deserters thought to be hiding out in the area. When Blake finds them first, he sees his old army chum in a new light.

As more of the pieces fall into place, Dr Blake realises his contempt of the military is still warranted... and sometimes even finding the culprit does not guarantee justice.

-
Back