Independent Rear Suspension

-
Well I just called heights hot rods which is the web site in the second post. Their IRS starts at $8,500.00. Wow!

Cobra IRS is 61" flange to flange. Might work. 1/2" wider than a B body.

attachment.php

Greg

how about the rear suspension from a Magnum, Charger or Challenger? I have been tempted to measure my Magnum to see how wide it is.

What year Cobra Greg?

Pictured is a 2003 Cobra IRS. It's the better one with 31 splines on the axles. I'm still working of the front end. Rear will come much later.

My daily driver is a 2010 Challenger and it's IRS is WAY to wide for an A body.

Greg

What year Cobra Greg?

In answer to your other question, take a GOOD look at this link. There's a gent that's installed a Cobra IRS into an old Merc. The way he's fabbed up the brackets looks pretty straight forward to me. I believe my F-body would lend itself to a similar method.

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2579

That Merc Meteor looks pretty similar in width to an A body as well. Food for thought.

Greg

Lincoln MK VIII have an IRS with an 8.8 diff and disks, downside is they have an odd 5x108 bolt pattern. Could be converted though.

Old Jaguar IRS. Inboard disks, dual coil overs, and a 4½ inch bolt pattern on the E type. Sedans of the same era are similar. As you go farther back age wise, things get less sophisticated like the outboard disks and single coil overs on the Mk I rear shown.

Attachments

• irs jag e-type.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 511
  • Jag irs mk1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 535
-
Back