Indy 360-1 Cylinder heads on small block LA's

-
yeah, that´s true. They drilled the threads for the water neck too deep, directly into the water passage....not a huge problem, but not what i would expect also. Oh, i´ll work around as usual ;-)

some progress.....

20240523_190703.jpg

20240524_182644.jpg

20240524_183339.jpg

Could not resist to put the intake on to see how tall this is....for sure i have to cut my velocity stack (Hood´s got a hole in it, six pack scoop).

20240524_191303.jpg

Looks Great ! What color and brand of paint did you use ?

It´s coming together.....i´ll try to have it running until saturday...one week until T&T :)

Cold Lash is set to .002", we´ll see if this works (SR on HR Cam). Everything fits under the scoop, the stack needs to be shortened.

20240605_201400.jpg

20240605_201416.jpg

I wish I had ordered 360-1's last year before the huge price increase. Looking forward to seeing how it runs.

here we go.....don´t really know if it sounds different than before....thinking it sounds a little more agressive. Next week Test&Tune....wish me luck!

good morning, back from a weekend at the track. We had decent weather, not the best conditions but at least dry. Track was good.

Engine / Car ran good, it feels definively stronger in the upper rpm range - pulls to 7000 hard. I got 5 runs with the first ones all over the place, had to adjust to the new combination a little. Got a new PB (10.44), a new best top speed (129 mph) and a new best 60ft. (1.47s). All of that in different runs. Unfortunately the newly installed steering box gave up with a lot of play, input shaft moves in and out....car was no longer safe to drive. I´m pretty sure a 10.3 would have been possible with more rpm in the first two gears.

so all in all the old standard port setup wasn´t that bad. considering the cost i´d probably would have done better with a set of Bloomer SB Heads. I´ll get the steering issue fixed and will get more track time - unfortunately due to work schedule not this summer....earliest end of the season. I think another cam change is necessary to get more gain out of the cylinder heads - we´ll see what i come up with ;-)

Michael

-
Back