Indy 360 T/A VS Indy 360-1 VS Eddys heads

-

dstemmerman

1972 Dart Swinger Denver
Reaction score
Is there a reason you don't hear of many guys running the Indy T/A's on small blocks? I am trying to decide between these, Indy 360-1 or the infamous Eddys. I completely understand the limitations of the Eddys (std pushrod location vs offset), but I am really trying to find out the difference between the T/A's and the 360-1 heads and if the extra cost is worth the performance gains over the Eddys. Just building a 75% street/25% strip 408cid 1972 Dart and trying to see what is money well spent. Thanks for your time and any input.

*I'm guessing this topic has been brought up before but I can't find it in my searches.

I bought the Indy TA (IndyBrock) CNC ported heads some years ago. Valve job was CRAP, no spring seats, China looking valve springs, bottom of the bucket valves, didn't flow anywhere near the advertised numbers (surprise surprise), rocker shafts were full of metal, rocker shaft end plugs could almost fall out of the shafts, rocker arm adjusters were so loose in the threads I just tossed them in the trash and replaced them with Smith Bros units.

Hughes has a similar package deal they call the Big Mouth. I would bet its a much better quality deal right out of the box.

I bought the Indy TA (IndyBrock) CNC ported heads some years ago. Valve job was CRAP, no spring seats, China looking valve springs, bottom of the bucket valves, didn't flow anywhere near the advertised numbers (surprise surprise), rocker shafts were full of metal, rocker shaft end plugs could almost fall out of the shafts, rocker arm adjusters were so loose in the threads I just tossed them in the trash and replaced them with Smith Bros units.

Hughes has a similar package deal they call the Big Mouth. I would bet its a much better quality deal right out of the box.

Thank you Sir. Those Big Mouth heads are intriguing.

With 75% street driven the Eddy,s with some work should be enough.JMO Unless you have a fat wallet.:DWhat headers do you have now?

Laugh My *** off,
Agreed on both points skrews,
Hughes has not 'sold out' :D
The first (and last) set of IndyBrock --- hyphenated to 'In-Tra-Brockmal' (intramural) heads I had ? ' association ' ? with cost Me a 12 pack of Coors Light...

My Machinist said:
Seriously? really ? seriously? I can fix everything except the .094 front to rear combustion camber centerline variance. Might as well have a few Beers

I bought a pair of the "Big Mouth fully CNC" heads & rockers from Hughes last Winter.
Very impressed with them.
Had my machinists look them over, he was impressed as well.

Haven't put them on anything yet, that's this Winters project.

my indybrocks are nice no issues. running driving 408 fast enough for me on the street... i guess i got lucky

I'm very happy with mine. 10.79 the third run of the trailer. Had some work done to them. Their advertised flow is bull ****

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 505
I'm liking the Hughes Big Mouth heads at this point; however, I have read multiple forums stating their customer service can be questionable and their quality may have dropped. I understand this is subjective, but I trust the opinions on FABO. Anyone dealt with Hughes lately?

I'm liking the Hughes Big Mouth heads at this point; however, I have read multiple forums stating their customer service can be questionable and their quality may have dropped. I understand this is subjective, but I trust the opinions on FABO. Anyone dealt with Hughes lately?

Recently purchased a set of Big Mouth heads yet to be used. I requested the old springs be put back on since I can handle a spring swap. They forgot one inner spring, but then again, I did say to them I'd handle the spring swap, so I don't give a crap.

There head work was really really nice. Go for it. I'd do it again in a heart beat flat again.

I bougth a set of the Bigmouth heads, they are a great product with a perfect job! Also a great customer service (have in mind i was calling from México, and my english is very limited), Dave is very knowledge once you find the way to understand him, and he has the best cams for your mopar, just let him know exactly what you want .
Oh, and the rockers for this heads are like the best in the market!

Attachments

• IMG_20150224_093041.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_20150224_093013.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_20150224_092939.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_20150224_092820.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 434
I bougth a set of the Bigmouth heads, they are a great product with a perfect job! Also a great customer service (have in mind i was calling from México, and my english is very limited), Dave is very knowledge once you find the way to understand him, and he has the best cams for your mopar, just let him know exactly what you want .
Oh, and the rockers for this heads are like the best in the market!

Muchas gracias Señor. Those are pretty.

Agreed.

Whats your motor/chassis combo if you don't mind me asking.

340 block, 4.250 crank, 10:1 compression pump gas. 727 from JW 9.5 ultimate converter #2800 MP springs with assassin bars, 8 3/4 4:10 gears, 29.5" tall tires

-
Back