Indy 415 Small Block

-

Hoosier Dart

Hoosier Dart
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with or know a guy who knows a guy in reference to the Indy-made 415 CI small block? I like the small inch weight and big inch power and around $7500 the price doesn't seem too bad for what they advertise. Opinions?

Does anyone have any experience with or know a guy who knows a guy in reference to the Indy-made 415 CI small block? I like the small inch weight and big inch power and around $7500 the price doesn't seem too bad for what they advertise. Opinions?

Indy's quality is hit and miss. That's the same price as our 410 with a roller cam. I wonder how it drives with the 2 four's and that mod manifold...?

I know people who have bought stuff from Indy and say the Cust. Service SUCKS!!! Since you live in IN, take a trip to there shop and talk to them.

IMO, and I've had my hands on crate engine and new parts purchases... The parts will do what they are designed to, but the workmanship needs to be checked and I have yet to not have to do anything with a head from there. The crate engines... WAY overpriced for the product, and the dyno'd packages were at least on thier paperwork just able to make the power they advertised. I'd also say to thier results... They could never be duplicated. In fact, they couldnt even come within 10% on a 500hp engine.

I agree that's a pretty small cam to make 520HP from with those heads. Maybe in theory....LOL!

For comparison my 416 with less cam but more compression made the same power..thats not a bad price for what your getting as long as your getting whats advertised..

The next logical question is -Whats your price to build a streetable pump gas 500 hp-500ftlb smallblock ? I recognize that you have a top flight rep for building a quality product but I have searched your site several times in hopes of finding a new stroker and never seen any pricing for a complete dyno proven motor .This makes comparison shopping very difficult for those of us who want to compare apples to apples so to speak , I have a car that needs either a rebuild on a 318 or a stroker which is what I am leaning towards but there are very few people willing to put a firm price on the product they sell , and those that do get slagged by everyone who has a friend or has heard this or that ie CME ,Indy, that guy who was doing 349s here so what are the rest of us to do ? buy a promise and hope ? Sorry i can't afford to do business that way give me a firm upfront price and a fair warranty and we'll talk shipping if the price is right

The next logical question is -Whats your price to build a streetable pump gas 500 hp-500ftlb smallblock ? I recognize that you have a top flight rep for building a quality product but I have searched your site several times in hopes of finding a new stroker and never seen any pricing for a complete dyno proven motor .This makes comparison shopping very difficult for those of us who want to compare apples to apples so to speak , I have a car that needs either a rebuild on a 318 or a stroker which is what I am leaning towards but there are very few people willing to put a firm price on the product they sell , and those that do get slagged by everyone who has a friend or has heard this or that ie CME ,Indy, that guy who was doing 349s here so what are the rest of us to do ? buy a promise and hope ? Sorry i can't afford to do business that way give me a firm upfront price and a fair warranty and we'll talk shipping if the price is right

I don't build a "one size fits all engine" sorry. Everything I do is custom for my customers application. I'm not a crate engine builder, I'm a custom engine builder.
As for the cam size...anyone can claim anything...no need to argue with the usual dummies on here but I will say I was refering to both duration and lift. Power doesn't come from theory, you have to make it and unless you have an excellent cylinder head, a cam that small will be hard to make 520HP in a crate engine without extra work done to the heads/intake and better parts like carb and headers. If it was that easy anyone could hit the # day in and day out.

Anyone who's interested in having us do work for them, either emails me or calls me....simple!

For comparison my 416 with less cam but more compression made the same power..thats not a bad price for what your getting as long as your getting whats advertised..

Why would you use a smaller cam than 236@ .050 in a 410 with almost 12:1? Makes no sense!!!!

I agree,not every build is exactly the same(even crates).You,ll need to pick the parts you desire,then have machine work done.Then to get the max performance you,ll need to spend more cash on PROPER hedders,T.convertor or clutch and gears,tires to match.Once you have all this formula together,then you,ll see your engine perform properly.Some guys spend hard earned cash on high HP engines,drop it in their car and wonder why it,s a slug.

Why would you use a smaller cam than 236@ .050 in a 410 with almost 12:1? Makes no sense!!!!

410??..mine was a 416 and i was basically playing with different cams,might make no sense to you but then again you won't be building anything for me so your oppinion is null and void...oops,i forgot your a God around here to some..LOL...

Stroked340 = Misery loves Company

You are probably the most Ignorant SOB on this Forum and you add absolutely nothing!
Your 1 way BS is exactly that, BS. Anyone who reads your posts knows it to be a FACT!

"You obviously can't teach anyone anything and you definitely are unteachable!"

Can you add anything constructive?? Try it sometime, you might like it!

Howdy from southern Indiana. Heres what I ended up doing. For that price you should be able to get you a nice little stroker made from a trusted shop around there. I was gonna buy a crate from them or Blue print or muscle motors, but instead I went local.. I told him my price range and what I wanted.. I went for the RHS heads and wasn't sure about rotating assemblys so he picked one out... Boy did he ever and I'm glad. It's a 408 stroker by the way. Anyway he told me that most if not all heads and rotating assmeblys need touched up anyway. I would find you a good shop and talk to them. He said the heads were fine just need alittle cleaning.

Stroked340 = Misery loves Company

You are probably the most Ignorant SOB on this Forum and you add absolutely nothing!
Your 1 way BS is exactly that, BS. Anyone who reads your posts knows it to be a FACT!

"You obviously can't teach anyone anything and you definitely are unteachable!"

Can you add anything constructive?? Try it sometime, you might like it!

You obviously really know NOTHING about me..(correction you DO NOT)must be a california thing you guys all think alike:bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:. Oh i said something negative about your hero,thats it..by the way Happy Thanksgiving from the right coast!!!

Come on, because it's a pump gas motor with almost 200psi... :-D

Anyone with a brain knows that his engine is supposed to make 530 and runs like one that has 470-485. WT/MPH don't lie! LOL

There are better engines available than that $7500 indy deal.

Have a happy thanksgiving.

Brain I was in no way trying to offend or impune you in any way I was pointing out how difficult it is to shop for a motor , The people most recognized in our hobby are also the ones most often vilified ,that fact coupled with the already confusing ideas of what is the better approach to achieving a goal makes it hard for those of us who do other things for a living than building motors know what we are getting for our money , I have never heard a bad word said about you or your product which is why I used my situation as an example , I have a 69 fastback with TTi headers into a 2.5 inch TTi Hpipe exhaust set-up , a 727 with the low first gear and a 8.75" rear end with an Auburn sure grip with 323 gears turning 14 wheels, I would like to make 500+ hp and 500+ ft lbs of torque , the car is regularly street driven but I want to be able to throw a set of 15 wheels on the back with some drag radials 2 or 3 times a year and run her hard with the locals at the local track. I am prepared to pay for the good gas at the pump {92-94} and would prefer not to rely on cast parts , What can you do for me ?

Brain I was in no way trying to offend or impune you in any way I was pointing out how difficult it is to shop for a motor , The people most recognized in our hobby are also the ones most often vilified ,that fact coupled with the already confusing ideas of what is the better approach to achieving a goal makes it hard for those of us who do other things for a living than building motors know what we are getting for our money , I have never heard a bad word said about you or your product which is why I used my situation as an example , I have a 69 fastback with TTi headers into a 2.5 inch TTi Hpipe exhaust set-up , a 727 with the low first gear and a 8.75" rear end with an Auburn sure grip with 323 gears turning 14 wheels, I would like to make 500+ hp and 500+ ft lbs of torque , the car is regularly street driven but I want to be able to throw a set of 15 wheels on the back with some drag radials 2 or 3 times a year and run her hard with the locals at the local track. I am prepared to pay for the good gas at the pump {92-94} and would prefer not to rely on cast parts , What can you do for me ?

I didn't take it as you were offending me. I was just explaining why I don't follow the herd when it comes to building engines. I've been on the other side of the counter when trying to upgrade flooring in my house, or cabinets or whatever so I give my customers the best quality and customer service in the industry. I take great pride in the fact that I have happy customers and no bad feed back on the Net.
It's very hard work making everything perfect and taking care of customers that have a problem whether or not it's my fault. But it also keeps me slammed with work and I sleep like a baby at night.

I don't think anyone on here looks at me like a hero or god (I hope not) because I'm just like my customers in a sense that I work for my money and I have a budget that I must keep. I'm not an egotistic engine guy and if you ever see me at the track, I'm surrounded by fellow racers and mopar guys talking so much I barely have time to race or hang out with my wife!

Now that the trash has been taken out, I'll help with what I can.
Our CC 410 with a 950HP makes 500HP and 527TQ. and that's about the cheapest QUALITY build you can do unless you assemble the engine yourself.
We can also do a magnum based version with a hyd. roller cam for 450.00 more and will make about 25HP more. This is with NO porting to the heads. We can also use an Indy intake manifold and step up the compression and cam with not much more money but it'll be a pump gas/race gas mix. That will make about 560-570HP and 540TQ.

This is why I do custom engines so we can meet the customers financial and power needs per application.
You can always email me or call me, we're pretty easy to get ahold of.
Brian

410??..mine was a 416 and i was basically playing with different cams,might make no sense to you but then again you won't be building anything for me so your oppinion is null and void...oops,i forgot your a God around here to some..LOL...

For once your right about something...I will never do anything for you rest assured! But you need to find someone that can build an engine correctly the first time from what I hear...
Oh, and most of my customers from the Net are on the East coast and none of them are arrogant or ignorant so you must be all by yourself somewhere??
Now try not to ruin this thread anymore than you already have.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6981/irwindalevids002.mp4

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7226/irwindalevids003.mp4

But you need to find someone that can build an engine correctly the first time from what I hear..http://

Do tell....a rod bolt snapping is just a case of bad luck...don't believe everything you hear either especially from that "peanut gallery" of yours..

Oh, and most of my customers from the Net are on the East coast and none of them are arrogant or ignorant so you must be all by yourself somewhere??http://

Arrogant..ya' maybe a little..ignorant don't think so..hmm...all the GOOD builders on the east coast must have been busy:-D:-D

-
Back