indy 440 intake

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
have been offered a indy 440 intake and 1050 dominator for my 500 build. don't know much about the indy stuff. are the intakes any good. cheers

Worked well for me. Have had to gasket match the ports. Sometimes they are some off.

When you buy parts from Indy you need to think of them as "some assembly required". Indy doesn't bother with the fine details on their parts. They pull them from the mold and ship them. Their intakes would be a lot nicer if Indy spent 10 minutes on the CNC and did a quick port match like Edelbrock does. But they don't do that so you have to do it. Nothing wrong with the parts from Indy as long as you remember that they are "raw materials" not finished parts.

When you buy parts from Indy you need to think of them as "some assembly required". Indy doesn't bother with the fine details on their parts. They pull them from the mold and ship them. Their intakes would be a lot nicer if Indy spent 10 minutes on the CNC and did a quick port match like Edelbrock does. But they don't do that so you have to do it. Nothing wrong with the parts from Indy as long as you remember that they are "raw materials" not finished parts.

I won't use one if you don't spend 6-700 on fixing the plenum, unless they've fixed that issue.

Here is what the Indy intake looks like after professional porting:
DSC_0692 (Large).JPG
DSC_0737 (Large).JPG

all being said i might just pass on the deal. not in a hurry. been caught out in the past with " good deals". cheers

That's nice. Real nice. Do you have the before picture? The ones I've done were like you said...pretty raw.

Here is a before picture. I ran it on the dyno as cast but it didn't work very well. The power curve was rather jagged and the motor didn't sound all that happy. It picked up nicely once the intake was ported. I don't recommend running these intakes right out of the box but probably 95% of the people who buy intakes do run them that way. They leave a bunch of power on the table but I guess that is just the way it goes.
DSC_0486 (Large).JPG

Any special prep work for an Indy Max Wedge dual quad tunnel ram? Looks pretty straightforward under the lid.

Ok, in looking for a picture, I came across your write up of said intake on moparts, too funny. I guess I found my answer!

2945818-ramtop.jpg

Any special prep work for an Indy Max Wedge dual quad tunnel ram? Looks pretty straightforward under the lid.

Ok, in looking for a picture, I came across your write up of said intake on moparts, too funny. I guess I found my answer!

View attachment 1715115291
that looks like a tall hemi rat roaster for a wedge, w/ a diff top, interesting! HUGHS ENGINES STATES THAT INDY`S DUAL PLANE IS TERRIBLE, AND NEEDS REWORKED BEFORE USE ! ???
disregard caps I can`t type ! LOL Andy`s intake is beeeuuteefull !

Here is a before picture. I ran it on the dyno as cast but it didn't work very well. The power curve was rather jagged and the motor didn't sound all that happy. It picked up nicely once the intake was ported. I don't recommend running these intakes right out of the box but probably 95% of the people who buy intakes do run them that way. They leave a bunch of power on the table but I guess that is just the way it goes.View attachment 1715115290

Thanks for the picture Andy. I will say that intake looks much better than the ones I started with.

I'm with you...I don't like to spend all the money to port a head and then just throw an intake on it.

that looks like a tall hemi rat roaster for a wedge, w/ a diff top, interesting! HUGHS ENGINES STATES THAT INDY`S DUAL PLANE IS TERRIBLE, AND NEEDS REWORKED BEFORE USE ! ???
disregard caps I can`t type ! LOL Andy`s intake is beeeuuteefull !
I got the Indy cross ram from a member here, with 500cfm Edelbrock carbs, linkage and fuel line, for a good price.

I also have 2 Weiand rat roaster intakes, one set up for the track and one for the street.

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture Andy. I will say that intake looks much better than the ones I started with.

I'm with you...I don't like to spend all the money to port a head and then just throw an intake on it.
Either of u guys ever play w/ a team G ? I`ve been messing w/ one when I get bored, just to see if I can improve it. Have made some progress according to the home made flow box, as far as
I got the Indy cross ram from a member here, with 500cfm Edelbrock carbs, linkage and fuel line, for a good price.

I also have 2 Weiand rat roaster intakes, one set up for the track and one for the street.
didn`t know weiand made one, my hemi ratroaster was made by edelbrock. are urs for a wedge ? I see the one pictured is .

What's with the Indy 2-4 intake, is it a dog or is it ok, or does it need a lot of work to be ok, is that a mod man or a max wedge port. Webby

Either of u guys ever play w/ a team G ? I`ve been messing w/ one when I get bored, just to see if I can improve it. Have made some progress according to the home made flow box, as far as

didn`t know weiand made one, my hemi ratroaster was made by edelbrock. are urs for a wedge ? I see the one pictured is .
It's not the rat roaster, I know better. This:

0b44aefac1b3e83d4c4d2c6ca7ec5e2c.jpg

-
Back