Infinity G- coupes are quick!

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Coming back from a car show in the cuda on Sunday-just idling at a red light.

Light turns green and I take off normally but notice the guy next to me in this Infinity G coupe paces me and lets it rip so I step on the gas as he's pulling away, snap hard into second gear, and he's leaving me at this point.....finally I begin to catch him and pass him in third gear and he lets off -maybe to make it look like he let me win, ha, ha.

Anyways I give him a thumbs up and his pretty Wife waves to us out of the pass window.

We get up to the next light and I asked him if it is a manual or auto, and he said it's a paddle shifted 7 speed auto that he shifts at 7 grand.

I was like "Wow!".........then I thought maybe he did let me win, ha, ha.

I guess horsepower and a sloppy four speed can't always compete with modern technology and fuel injection.

(No other cars on the road) and a nice straight away otherwise I would not have played along.

Hmmmmmm...............paddle shifted Dart.

330 hp, 270 ft. lbs of torque and a curb weight of 3600 to 3800 lbs. They shouldn't be that quick. You should have smoked him.

You didn't know he wanted to race until he went past you at full throttle.

What would happen if the circumstances were reversed?

Isnt that G35 Coupe the same car as the 350/370Z, with different front and rear clips?

Paddle shift. It even sounds stupid.

It'd been different if you knew you were racing to begin with.lol

It's scenarios like this that have folks building hemi's and bolting on nitrous. ha

I can't remember the combo of 360 yer runnin but you'd smoke'em head to head 'knowing it was a race'.
If not, somethings wrong with it.
My 340 4spd car '3300lbs' runs faster on the street, as in 'hooks way better' than at the strip where spins through 3rd and runs a 13.80 @104, I think your cars set up better than mine?

You didn't know he wanted to race until he went past you at full throttle.

What would happen if the circumstances were reversed?

Like I said I took off normally and he stomped it and I caught up and passed.

it was fun.:snakeman:

If the circumstances were reversed, he would never have caught up until I was redlining in fourth while he still had four more gears to play with, but in all honesty I would have backed off because I don't like to drive that fast on the street.
I think both of us were level headed enough to not let our ego's outrun our brains with safety.

I personally wasn't impressed with the cars...back when I had my Hemi Sport Ram and was in the Army a good friend of mine had a G35 (done safely with plenty of viability and no traffic) rolled from 40 or so until my speed limiter kicked in at about 105. My 5500lb truck stayed with him until the speed limiter. He only had a 6spd though...

Good thing you didn't have a new 2011 5.0 mustang pull up to ya.....or worse yet a new Cobra mustang, friend of mine has one, with a tune he's got 550 at the wheels.
this who's car is quicker gets boring quick, no matter how much money you spend somone always has something faster. nothing new turns heads like a 70's muscle car, no matter how fast the "newer" car might be. so to me THATS what it's all about, the Jap cars are fast so what they look like crap, and they sound like it too, especally when they have the fart cans on them....

A buddy I used to work with his some sort of Infinity. My Duramax has an Edge programmer, K&N kit and a 4" sewer pipe exhaust in it. When I would turn the chip up to its highest setting I was able run with him down the freeway, until my 7000 pound truck just would not go any faster......

Good thing you didn't have a new 2011 5.0 mustang pull up to ya.....or worse yet a new Cobra mustang, friend of mine has one, with a tune he's got 550 at the wheels.
this who's car is quicker gets boring quick, no matter how much money you spend somone always has something faster. nothing new turns heads like a 70's muscle car, no matter how fast the "newer" car might be. so to me THATS what it's all about, the Jap cars are fast so what they look like crap, and they sound like it too, especally when they have the fart cans on them....

x2

Haha paddle-shifters... biggest "wussy" car invention since computer-controlled everything. Soon new 'fast' cars will merely have a "RACE" button that you push and the car will do everything itself, no steering, shifting or even gas-pedal-depressing needed LOL...

x3.

Infiniti... Glorified Nissan...

Every Infiniti I see on the road looks like its falling apart. And they're always really dirty. They must be for people who don't care at all about their car. Same story with Lexus. I think it's really funny that people who buy them think they are getting "luxury cars".

yep. knowing from the start that it was a race, you woulda spanked his little import faggot ***. i hate when ricers think their cars are nice...

Schneiderman,
Apparently you have never driven a Lexus LS460.
Like driving a bank vault. And you don't need to be a rocket scientist to turn on the radio.

Speaking of Paddle Shift, can someone explain them to me? Never driven or talked to someone with one.

Are they manually shifted Automatic transmissions, or is it a manual with some kind of free wheeling clutch for sitting at a stop?

I outran the nissan version, from the stoplight, with my wifes Magnum R/T.
It runs 14.40 @ 96MPH & weighs 4100lbs with me in it.
Not impressed by it, styling is nice though.
I did pick on what I thought was a family Mercedes, until I seen the AMG badge go by me.LOL
I guess for 70K it should be fast.

Haha paddle-shifters... biggest "wussy" car invention since computer-controlled everything. Soon new 'fast' cars will merely have a "RACE" button that you push and the car will do everything itself, no steering, shifting or even gas-pedal-depressing needed LOL...

Welll, not really all that soon... more like now. The new laguna seca (spelling?) mustangs come with two different keys... and the computer goes into normal driving with one key or "sport/race" mode when you use the other key. :angry7:

-
Back