Info wanted on Factory Aluminum Super Stock Only Big Block Intake and facory Carb

-

72 340 DUSTER

Reaction score
does anybody have any idea how much a factory big block aluminum edelbrock intake and carb only used on big block super stock cars would be worth? my boss has one that he says came off of and were only used on factory super stock cars, it even has a chrysler part number that he says had to be in place for that intake to be alowed in super stock class. does anybody know what this is worth?

There where several edelbrock manifolds sold with Chrysler part #'s because they where available through the dealers aftermarket parts catalog... (LD4B, LD340) But, as far as I know,the only edelbrock alum manifold that where used from the factory was the 6pak manifold... I would bet it is one of the aftermarket/numbered pieces.

Without knowing for sure I wouldnt pay more than normal used part prices...

As for a Edelbrock carb... I wouldn't think so... Most cars had Carters, I thought the D-stock and S-stock stuff got Holleys.

That being said, I dont know the BB/RB stuff as well as some of the guys here do, so lets see what else you hear.

No special single four barrels were ever used as a factory super stock. As was said, in the 70s there were Direct Connection part numbers (all begin with "P") on a few Edelbrock intakes. The aluminum 6bbls were 69 1/2 and I think a few 70s, but not Super Stock. They were just the std 6bbl intakes and when they ran out, Chrysler cast them out of iron for 70-71. The 6bbls have astd chrysler part number, not a P number.

No special single four barrels were ever used as a factory super stock. As was said, in the 70s there were Direct Connection part numbers (all begin with "P") on a few Edelbrock intakes. The aluminum 6bbls were 69 1/2 and I think a few 70s, but not Super Stock. They were just the std 6bbl intakes and when they ran out, Chrysler cast them out of iron for 70-71. The 6bbls have astd chrysler part number, not a P number.

Good info, I have never seen a cast iron 6bbl set up... I bet they weigh a ton... the Alum ones are heavy enough...

I can check as I think that's the intake on Alan's 383, but it's kind of buried behind some stuff.

-
Back