Inline shifter?or Inland shifter?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
A guy that lives about 7 houses from me,came by today with a box of Mopar parts.(He used to have a 69 Dart)In the box is a inline?or inland 4 speed shifter,new throttle cable(still in package)and a heater,radio dash piece for 69 Dart.He said to have them,he won,t be needing them.Now this shifter is a 4 speed shifter that you hit straight for shifting and has a seperate shift knob for reverse.Can someone help me here?What,s this shifter called?How,s it work?What,s it worth?I,ll take some pics. after dinner and post.Thanks a bunch!

Now this shifter is a 4 speed shifter that you hit straight for shifting and has a seperate shift knob for reverse.Can someone help me here?What,s this shifter called?How,s it work?What,s it worth?I,ll take some pics. after dinner and post.Thanks a bunch!
Sounds like a Hurst V-Gate. The "trigger" in front of the handle is pulled up to access 1st gear (or downshift from 3rd to 2nd). From 1st gear, it's a matter of yanking back and shoving forward for the next gear. When adjusted properly, it's a great piece of hardware.

I've no idea what they're going for now. I bought one at Stupid Shops around 1992 for ~$150. Someone on FABO was looking for a complete V-Gate setup recently.

I remember the Hurst Inline shifter. It shifted back and forth. It doesn't have the h pattern. To install this shifter you had to cut a huge hole in the floor. It eliminated the third gear missed.

Sounds Bad A$$ I have an Inland shifter. It has a reverse lockout dual finger trigger where a sleeve pulls up into the knob...

Scott, is that an auto or 4 speed shifter? If it's for a 4 speed standard, it might be a Hurst Competition Plus, which has the little reverse lockout/release lever with a small T-handle on the left side. You can select if you want normal or lockout reverse with the little handle.

Thanks for the info Dok-X?
No problem. :) I was intimately familiar with that shifter a few years ago. It was great for tormenting guys at windshield repair places and (far more often) tire places. One guy came and got me because he couldn't find reverse. Bwahahahaha!

Could Also Be A Mr. Gasket Inline Shifter. You Can Still Get Linkage & Mounting Kit Thru Hurst, Even If Its A Mr. Gasket Inline Shifter.

Here,s a pic. of the shifter,says Mr.Gasket on it.Also a pic of the throttle cable and heater,radio bezel(69 Dart)which I,ll be selling the cable and bezel.He also gave me a bag with a line-loc setup!Thanks neighbour!

Cayuga 016.jpg

Cayuga 015.jpg

Cayuga 014.jpg

Thats a vertical gate or v gate shifter as at says on it. be prepared to hack the balls out of you floor pan to install it . An "Inland" shifter is a factory installed item on 4 spd cars from 66 to mid 68 .

They were a good race shifter, but I had one in my street car(Chevy..I know, bad weed) and it was a bit of a pain to shift in town. That bezel is for a fancy pants Dart. Wish my dash was like that.

This Is A Mr Gasket Vertical Gate Shifter. I Had One In My Orginal 340 Duster In 1972. It Is A Badass Shifter For Racing. If You Want To Sell It Contact Me. With Out The Linkage I Don't Know The Worth Of It, I Loved Mine And Used It On The Street As Well As The Track. You Won't Miss A Gear With It For Sure. Dusterdowns

-
Back