Inner Tubing a Front Runner Tire

-
For those easily entertained. :) Received my new Phoenix 24.5/4.5-15 front runners. They are actually 25.5 tall which is what I expected and wanted. Spent today soaping the inside of both, 2 coats of Dawn Ultra. Killed my day but done. Interesting that these tires have in small print on the sidewall "tubetype". My old Phoenix front runners were labeled "tubeless". Happens to only me! I am still going down the path of a tubeless install.

IMG_20230531_164734_1.jpg

Hoping the deposits on rim bead seat area still seal when mounted. This stuff seems to be way resistant to chemical removal. I am not ready to sand paper or wire wheel this off for fear of distorting the surface.

IMG_20230530_172458.jpg

But I have the required metal valve stem. So far torqued to 25 in-lbs per the instructions. I might bump it up a little further.

IMG_20230531_184922.jpg

IMG_20230531_184952.jpg

My brother had same problem with M/T tubeless tires leaking out of the sidewall, both tires. No doubt they were missing the inner liner. M/T replaced them. Problem gone.

I always used Dawn original or regular. Blue
Thanks. I am not sure Dawn original is available anymore, at least around here. Dawn Ultra is blue for sure and I think is pretty much the same but more concentrated. I don't know for sure. Anyway 1/2 bottle is inside my 2 front runners and they are mounted. I inflated both to 31 psi after install. Will watch to see what they do...

IMG_20230601_194225.jpg

Day 1 - 31 psi both
Day 2 - 30 psi both
Day 4 - 30 psi both
Day 6 - 30 psi both

That's a winner for me. Thanks all. I never did inner tube the front runners, bogus thread title. :)

-
Back