insstalled susmmit's exhaust on my 67 GT - holy cow

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
what a difference!!

with my brother in law's help and a new air compressor and impact wrench, took just over 2 hours to install the complete setup from summit. with shipping etc the total cost was about 250 for the kit. may be a bit subdued sound for some folks but i wanted to get quieter from the cherrybombs si had on there.

the kit went on easily and sounds ok. but when i put the pedal down- holy crap what a difference. i had some serious exhaust leaks inmy homebuilt contraption. the car is night and day. better ground clearnace too! now i just need to get my new leaf springs on and set the front to the height i want. i can say the exhaust needs some visual tweaking as its pretty low and looks almost drag-car like. not my style. but i can live with it for now. heck i may cut the last couple feet off the tubes where the gas exits and put some turndowns there so you cant even see the pipes.

i def give the kit a good review from a daily driver standpoint. just wanted to share that.

I cut a tad off the rear tips and added Headman Chrome turn downs. A nice finish.

I had the same experience when I had the TTI system put on my '71 Dart GT; first time I fired it up and drove it, thought "Holy crap!" It has been a huge difference.
Congrats on your new system, enjoy it.

I use there 3'' race exhaust kit the pipes have nice bent and follow the floor pretty much but BUT there muffler are way to loud for me

I will keep the pipes and switch back to dynomax super turbo muffler

hey,did you have them welded or use the clamps?:shock:I want to get that exhaust kit but I dont have a welder
You can keep it with the clamps just make sure they are tightened good. I just did one similar and clamped it all then removed it and welded it. but it would have been fine with just the clamps i just figured since i had the welder why not.

Just a heads up if your pipes end before the rear axle the cabin volume will go way up!I have a pypes exhaust system on My Dart .Before I tore it all down I removed the tubes that go from just before the axle to just under the bumper OMFG did it ever get loud ! The stock 318 sounded like a beast!I got a kick out of it but when the 360 goes in I'm running the pipes all the way to the back.Whichever way you go have fun !

heh sorry all - i ended up being a moron and put the damn pipe too close to the gas tank. now the tank has 3 holes due to the pipes heating it and then bashing it on out crappy roads. so now i need to pull the tank and get it sealed. ugh.

anyway i used the stock 210$ kit from summit. no welding needed. all the fittings fit great and no air leaks. i have cheapie summit brand headers and they worked fine (the kit says to use Hooker headers i believe).

oh well the good thing is i have the car p in the air so i'll do the new MP leaf springs at the same time and get the stance better. then i'll post pics i promise!!!

well got the gas tank back in, redid the exhaust, now finally getting to installing the new leaf springs this week. once done i'll finally post some pics. i cant drive it the way it is as its just too low for our roads. suspension is gone in the back so just bit the bullet and got the old oness removed today before the cold weather sets in. need some bushings for the new ones and then should be good to go!

-
Back