Installed the BFG drag radials!

-

bvt69dart

Technically Challenged!
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures of my Dart with the drag radials! I'm really hoping to lower both 60' and e.t.'s. I'll let you know in a few weeks!

Tars 002 (Small).jpg

Tars 003 (Small).jpg

I seen the other thread about this, but, what size on what rim and off set?

LOL, they do look like stock / regular like tires, but that was the idea behind them when they made the D.O.T. Drag Radial tire. The wider they get, the wider the middle band gets without any tread.

Your car looks alot like mine. I put 235/60/16 bfg drag radials at first I was dissapointed they wore so quick wouldnt hook,Took them to track one last time almost wore droped pressure to 15 lbs and boy was I surprised.Personnally for the price and my application they are great.There will be a alot of naysayers here but I liked them.Kevin.

Thanks Kevin, I was planning on dropping the pressure and testing, but I need to plan to have a tow vehicle there in case I find "a weak spot"!LOL I've had a lot of expereince with finding them over the years! BTW, 15X7" 4.5" BS LBP 253/60R15 is the combo. Springs in stock location.

Kevin, is your BBQ place in Ozark?

I wantto come by for a sandwich; it's only 93 miles from Conway....

those dont look like drag radials
Here are mine. BF Goodrich G Force TA Drag Radials. P325/50R15. They hook best at less than 18 psi and don't like big water box burn outs. Too much heat and they tend to get "greasy."

dragradial.jpg

Why bother with those?? Just let the air out of your regular tires. I like the Mickey Thompson Street ET Radials alot better........The price is pretty close to the same. Just my opinion.........

Mad Dart,

The rubber compound on those BF Goodrich Drag Radials is nothing like a street tire; they hook MUCH better...

I was unable to spin a tire with a 400+ hp engine when they put down a modicum of VHT at the drags one day last year; A street tire wouldn't have hooked that hard.

Where the tread-wear rating is embossed on the sidewall, it says
'TREAR WEAR "~0~" LOL!

Why bother with those?? Just let the air out of your regular tires. I like the Mickey Thompson Street ET Radials alot better........The price is pretty close to the same. Just my opinion.........
Looks are deceiving. The BF's hook as good as your Mickey Thompson Street ET Radials. Just have to find the proper air pressure. Just because this tire looks different than other drag radials doesn't mean it won't hook. I guess it's always personal preference when it comes to choosing a drag radial.

Bvt sorry I messed up it should have said 235/60/15 not 16 same wheels as you only steelies all the way around with red line dog dish. I have the offset spring kit good for about 3/4 inch. When I get some time I will pm you more info on my 69 swinger it looks like we are about same age and both are looking for that old skool muscle look. Forgot to mention that I also have the xhd springs that give it a nice rake my car is nice but not as nice as yours. Kevin.

Mad Dart,

The rubber compound on those BF Goodrich Drag Radials is nothing like a street tire; they hook MUCH better...

I was unable to spin a tire with a 400+ hp engine when they put down a modicum of VHT at the drags one day last year; A street tire wouldn't have hooked that hard.

Where the tread-wear rating is embossed on the sidewall, it says
'TREAR WEAR "~0~" LOL!

I can relate to what you are saying. They just dont look like they would hook. BUTTTTTT looks are also very deceiving at times for sure. Thanks for the information

They're not as good as M/T's but not far off either, there were guys running 7's on BFG's before M/T started making a drag radial.

Good luck with the bfg's..i found them to be totally useless on my car..m/t's are the best drag radial out there....

LOL, I was at a meet with my son and he was wondering what all the fuss was about when this guy got out of his car raving about them. (With permission from the cars owner) I took my son over and said, take your finger and press on the tire, hard, it's like a play-do. He laffed and then his jaw dropped with a surprise that he could press his finger into the rubber.

Fresh off the road and a 30 mile drive, these tires were real gummy and ready to rock.

Here are mine. BF Goodrich G Force TA Drag Radials. P325/50R15. They hook best at less than 18 psi and don't like big water box burn outs. Too much heat and they tend to get "greasy."
Do you know the overall width of your tires. I have some Bfg that are from 2004 before they were called G-force same size 325/50/15 and they are 13" wide on a 10" rim. with 11" touching the road. I see the new drag radials g-force show a smaller width touching the road and was wondering id they shrunk them down a little on the width? I notice different tire widths for 325/50/15 from different manufactures not very standardized.Jayson

thanks for the info for when i need to look at what tires to get

-
Back