Instrument voltage limiter

-

dart6

Reaction score
Any suggestions who has them at a reasonable price for a 68 Dart & 70 GTX

As I said elsewhere.. just buy it direct @ 50 bucks .. RTE limiter - rte

Add it to cart and it immediately brings up Paypal for payment and shipping..

EDIT... has anyone used the $11 one from Classics? Electronic, but are they as good as RTE's ?

You will probably be paying 10.00 in shipping from classic. Check with your local autoparts store first.

He's gonna pay a LOT more than that to New Zealand...
Ruh Roh.

In that case the OP might want to make his own or find an OEM locally. The same type of limiter is used in a lot of cars even non Mopar. If the OP has one that is not working he could disassemble it and might be able to fix it. ALSO a cigarette lighter USB charger with 2A output could be modified to power the guages.

USB A output is 4 wires, 2 are power 2 are sence.

Have you tried Pirrit Automotive in Auckland? Mark might have something in stock that will work for you.

Wow....for 55 bucks. Thats alot of money for some really cheap parts!
If you are able to do some minor work, just order some small parts and do it by yourself! It´s not fuzzy!
Spend the rest of 50$ for Beer or more important carparts!

1. Heat Sink

2. 7805 2 Ampere Voltage Regulator

3. 25 Volt 10 MicroFarad Capacitor

4. 3 x AWG 22 Wires

5. Transparent Heat Shrink Hose.

5V Reg.png

Read also here

Get Engauged: So you think your oil pressure...

Wow....for 55 bucks. Thats alot of money for some really cheap parts!
If you are able to do some minor work, just order some small parts and do it by yourself! It´s not fuzzy!
Spend the rest of 50$ for Beer or more important carparts!

1. Heat Sink

2. 7805 2 Ampere Voltage Regulator

3. 25 Volt 10 MicroFarad Capacitor

4. 3 x AWG 22 Wires

5. Transparent Heat Shrink Hose.

View attachment 1715824016

Read also here

Get Engauged: So you think your oil pressure...
Man, when I made my old one, Raido Shack had became a phone store. The listed one checks for shorts, and will shut down. Also, has led power indicator. Mine didn't, lol. I guess the stuff could.be got online. I wonder if @67Dart273 could blueprint one for us all, that has those added benefits?

Man, when I made my old one, Raido Shack had became a phone store. The listed one checks for shorts, and will shut down. Also, has led power indicator. Mine didn't, lol. I guess the stuff could.be got online. I wonder if @67Dart273 could blueprint one for us all, that has those added benefits?
LEDs on the voltage regulator never made sense to me. We can't see them. The advantage of the RTE unit is its ground fault protection. If the basic 7805 regulator alone should loose its chassis ground it will pass full system voltage from in to out.

Last pass, I bought a generic adjustable regulator on Amazon for $10. It looked the same as the one sold as a "Plymouth Voltage Limiter" for $30 on ebay by PinkPatty or such. On my 1964 & 65 A & C cars, you must also bypass the internal Vreg inside the fuel gage, true also for Rally clusters (speedo) until 1973.

Last pass, I bought a generic adjustable regulator on Amazon for $10. It looked the same as the one sold as a "Plymouth Voltage Limiter" for $30 on ebay by PinkPatty or such. On my 1964 & 65 A & C cars, you must also bypass the internal Vreg inside the fuel gage, true also for Rally clusters (speedo) until 1973.
There are earlier examples that had the mechanical limiter inside the their temperature gauge too.

Here is what I used in mine. Think it was $8 on Amazon. Dc-dc converter. Screw terminals, no electronic fabrication or soldering needed.

0F582262-FBB4-4737-9193-22E6A3A957C2.jpeg

-
Back