instument panel problem

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
As some of you know im real close on gettin my Dart fired up. Been along time..Excited:cheers:I have a 67 Dart. I have all the plug in style wiring in. I have a red and black wire eye style ends and havent a clue on were they go.....i was thinking alt guage but not sure also is there any other wires that attach behind the cluster itself??? sorry if this is a dum question, just dont know. Thanks

There are only two wires that match that description --they hook to the ammeter. If you aren't using one, hook them together with a screw/ nut and tape them off.

It is very possible that they are alt guage wires if they have eyelet style ends.
You wont have any cabin power at all if they are not connected to the guage or connected together (IF they are allt wires)
I don't know for sure of course but hey, if thats what they are and you hook them up backwards the worst thing that happens is your alt guage reads backwards but everything else seems fine.
I seem to remember that the left side terminal is where the red goes and the black on the passenger side of the guage.

(edit)
Oh, there you are Del.:D

Well i tried the two together. The motor rolls over but no power to dash itself. I will hook up the wires to the back of the gauge and try it that way.Thanks all.

Majority of the instrument panel will not work while dangling from the harness connectors. It requires chassis ground path through the hardware that holds it in the dash. A actual ground wire added is strongly recommended.

-
Back