Insurance Companies

-

downsr

Reaction score
Thinking about hagerty or grundy.Any opinions where best place to get insurance or the ones to stay away from.

Grundy..Hagerty wanted $200.00 more for the same coverage:wack::wack:

I had my Stingray insurance through NCM (National Corvette Museum)......I called them and sure enough, they cover any classic car.

Adam over there is a great guy I've done business with for years.
Great rates, replacement (agreed) value insurance.

I have had Geico for over 20 years. I let them handle everything. They will find you coverage with another company at a good rate if they cannot help you.

With collector car ins is your car covered if you are taking it somewhere on a trailer say out of state

I have Grundy, full coverage, unlimited mileage, 2k for spare parts, 100 mi towing, 260 a year!

I have hagerty. They were reasonable and have a good use policy. They don't want you to use it as a daily driver, but pleasure and show use is fine.

With collector car ins is your car covered if you are taking it somewhere on a trailer say out of state

I believe that they say 1000 miles per year.

If you are going to a show, then you are covered, that's what classic insurance is supposed to be for...

When I purchased Haggerty the agent was very nice and explained the value of keeping a log of car trips/usage. It can document that I am truly keeping the car as a 'collector.'

Dennis

I have Grundy, full coverage, unlimited mileage, 2k for spare parts, 100 mi towing, 260 a year!

I don't know how you manged that. When I spoke with them, the girl said I couldn't drive my car, only to shows and in parades.

Haggerty it is, cheaper too.

State Farm provided decent classic car coverage years ago but changed to a strict car show and parade only philosophy several years ago. When I got the notice of change I started shopping around. I used two scenarios. The first was if I drove my car to the parts store so that I could buy wax to polish it and then on to the park on a beautiful day so I could wax it in the shade. The second was to drive it to church on a beautiful Sunday morning with the convertible top down, attend worship, then drive to lunch and then drive home. Almost all of the agents I spoke with said neither case would be covered as both would fall into the "running errands" or "regular use" category and that my personal car should be used for such trips. I currently have insurance with Haggerty as they seem to have the most lenient "occasional use" interpretation.

I just switch from Hartford to JC Taylor, Antique Vehicle coverage for our Duster. Saved a bit of cash and seems to be decent coverage. Though my agent asked how much HP we had. I said, "I'm not sure..why?". Was told if it was more than 500 HP it's considered a "Race Car" and wouldn't qualify for the "antique" coverage. Moral of the story, I will only build a 499.99 HP motor LOL!

Be well all,
Pat

this is why i insure mine as a regular auto, yeah it's more expensive, a lot more, but I also have through my company an agreed value of car if it's hit or in an accident etc.

I use Hagery. Full coverage free towing @$175/year for $13,000. Must have garage and not primary vehicle.

I use Hagery. Full coverage free towing @$175/year for $13,000. Must have garage and not primary vehicle.

Man, youz guys out of state have it made. Mine is twice that for half of the agreed value.

We have this stoopid catastrophic claims fund we have to pay for. 180 bucks a year per registered vehicle.

Sure is i trailer it every where...insurance isn't cheap though cost me $324.00 a year for $30k agreed value..

American National Chrome. $100 a year for my 66 with $20,000 agreed value. Towing, parts, and a generous Mileage limit. Oh, I also have my house insurance with them. Claim free for 3 years and I got a $400+ refund check. tmm

Here in Canuck land I just went with Hagerty because of mileage and usage agreement up to 8000 kms a year and have their own appraisers on staff which cuts costs down every 5 years.

Hagerty here, but no claims :D

I wonder how they would answer your claim if you had an accident while road testing a drivability issue..hmmm ??

-
Back