Intake Choice???????

-
I think we are waiting for a description of what you want out of this truck. drag truck street cruzer, sleeper,........tow truck??????

you posted why i was LOL
sound like a duel plain is the best plan....Even though it wasn't one of you options!

where is South Cack alacky? I need to move. I know your combo is asking-dual plane-ld340,performer, etc.

The Holley Street Dominator will rival almost any dual plane in its era and heve more on top. Ok. Nuff outta me. I am tired of tellin people the truth and they don't listen. Not like any of this is a secret.

Put the original Torker on it. Yeah. Do that. lol

Ok, so you don't care how it actually runs
Well yes and no. I probably will do a little street action but very little. There really isn't anyone to run except kids in their stupid stock Chebby trucks with straight pipes and, I mean no nothing exhaust just pipe to the manifolds to the back of the truck. I have a bozo behind me that has it done to his truck it is sooooooo obnoxiously loud, all this noise and going nowhere fast eh, I guess it's par for the coarse around these woods(stupid is stupid doe's) I figured what the hell I'll just run some turndowns. The South Cackalacy is actually South Carolina, some of the locals call it that. I'm by way of LI NY, kind of retired now. Rusty, Rusty, Rusty, don't get all crazy man. I'm actually thinking hard on the Holley, cuz I now I can probably unload it to this guy I know his name, Snoogie, yes that is his real name people.

The Holley Street Dominator will rival almost any dual plane in its era and heve more on top. Ok. Nuff outta me. I am tired of tellin people the truth and they don't listen. Not like any of this is a secret.

Put the original Torker on it. Yeah. Do that. lol
OK Rusty Educate me!
How can a small plenum short runner, 318 port runner out perform dual plane?
I'm not being a Smart A$$ Really want to here your thoughts.

OK Rusty Educate me!
How can a small plenum short runner, 318 port runner out perform dual plane?
I'm not being a Smart A$$ Really want to here your thoughts.

You need to look at the intake in question first. It does not have a small plenum at all. It has the largest plenum of any of the mentioned intakes. That is why it performs well.

You need to look at the intake in question first. It does not have a small plenum at all. It has the largest plenum of any of the mentioned intakes. That is why it performs well.

Ok i went out and look at them be for replaying. Street has a much wider mouth and will accept a TQ. X-celerator has a standard holley flange(smaller mouth) but is a much higher rise manifold. I would have to tape it off and fill it with water to say which one has more plenum volume, but i bet they are vary close.

Here is my theory on it. the X-celerator would flow better because it is a high rise manifold and therefore give the air/fuel more time to bend and make the corner into the runner......No??

We are trying to help but your constant marking "dislike" just pushes me away. Since your not hearing what you like, the truth, experience, then you'll just have to figure it out yourself. Enjoy the mismatched combination.

Rumble I didn't mean anything by it. I wanted a suggestion for what gear u would use. I just disagree with a whole bunch of trial and error. So I try to glean some more knowledge on the subject or, maybe someone else has come upon a similar situation. That is what these forums r 4 aren't they.

Ok i went out and look at them be for replaying. Street has a much wider mouth and will accept a TQ. X-celerator has a standard holley flange(smaller mouth) but is a much higher rise manifold. I would have to tape it off and fill it with water to say which one has more plenum volume, but i bet they are vary close.

Here is my theory on it. the X-celerator would flow better because it is a high rise manifold and therefore give the air/fuel more time to bend and make the corner into the runner......No??

It doesnt. The Street Dominator has done better in a lot of those magazine tests.......but I know from experience. That's why I even brought it up.

It doesnt. The Street Dominator has done better in a lot of those magazine tests.......but I know from experience. That's why I even brought it up.

I will give props when props are due!
when back out with a tape measure to get a rough estimate of the square inch of each plenum.Street was 40" X-celerator was 34" and in the bottom there is more area in the street as well.
It just never work for me, but i can see you point!

None of them.

Edelbrock RPM Air Gap.
You will not find a better all around intake. Period.
Take it to the bank.
The jellos jiggling.
Bobs your Uncle.
Good night Irene.

Last edited:
None of them.

Edelbrock RPM Air Gap.
You will not find a better all around intake. Period.
Tank it to the bank.
The jellos jiggling.
Bobs your Uncle.
Good night Irene.

Well yeah....there's no argument..............but that was not what he asked. The Eddy was not a choice.

And this is helping the OP how?
...and your question is helping the op how?
shrug.gif

Last edited:
We are trying to help but your constant marking "dislike" just pushes me away. Since your not hearing what you like, the truth, experience, then you'll just have to figure it out yourself. Enjoy the mismatched combination.
I just disliked one of your posts. dude you need to get of the damn Island. I did and I'm much better now. I think it was Dave Mustaine who said, "looking subdued but never tame" kinda sums me up these days.

I do know of the rpm but, I don't know why I've just never been a fan of eddy. I guess I 've always been on the under dog side

I'm not a fan of spendin 300 plus bucks if what I have will work better than "pretty good". ....and what you have will work better than "pretty good".

-
Back