Intake Choice???????

-
Some people are frugal or short on funds and therefore build second rate rate combos . Others are not and build first rate ones.

Underdogs are often the loosers.
Your right I'm a mopar fan, jets fan, knicks fan, mets fan, islanders fan. Wait a minute Mopars are winners on race day. The Jets are no longer the laughing stock of the NFL. The Knicks look like they have a future star with Porzingas. The Mets were in the world series last year and they have some of the best pitchers in the majors. The Islanders just went to the semi finals. so what was that about under dogs

Some people are frugal or short on funds and therefore build second rate rate combos . Others are not and build first rate ones.

And some people are assholes and look down their nose at what others can do. If that's all he can afford, more power to him. Just because it doesn't meet your approval doesn't mean a damn thing. I am sure he's not building HIS engine based on YOUR (or anyone else's) approval.

And some people are assholes and look down their nose at what others can do. If that's all he can afford, more power to him. Just because it doesn't meet your approval doesn't mean a damn thing. I am sure he's not building HIS engine based on YOUR (or anyone else's) approval.

You are unusually emotional and assumptive . As I posted earlier, I never assume, therefore I don't limit my suggestions by "assuming" what someone can or not spend, but instead post what I think might be best for their particular app irregardless of cost and they can make their own decision based on the totality of the information provided by EVERYONE.

You are unusually emotional and assumptive . As I posted earlier, I never assume, therefore I don't limit my suggestions to what I assume someone can spend, but instead post what I think might be best for their particular app irregardless of cost and they can make their own decison baed on the totality of the information provided by EVERYONE.

No I just call um like I see um. Just because someone might not can afford something, doesn't make their build an inferior one. It makes it the best they can do and you sounded like a snob when you said it that way.

RRR, I agree, build your engine your way. And when you come for advice and it doesn't meet your approval, tuff cookies. You try very often and often get ignored or adversity.

Marz, I need to get off the island?
I would love to! How about you kiss my azz? Give me your address? I'll be right down OK?!?!
Id love to write what I truly feel but I am sure I'll be banned. Sum up every nasty reply you can conjure up and multiply it by 10 square and you have just hit the top of the ice burg of what I got for you, you second rate crap stain.

I'm out, enjoy, C-ya!

I just disliked one of your posts. dude you need to get of the damn Island. I did and I'm much better now. I think it was Dave Mustaine who said, "looking subdued but never tame" kinda sums me up these days.

No I just call um like I see um. Just because someone might not can afford something, doesn't make their build an inferior one. It makes it the best they can do and you sounded like a snob when you said it that way.

That was not my intent so you saw it wrong by assuming that it was. . You are also selective on who you attempt to berate . Since you appear to be the self appointed sheriff of this forum, I would think you might have also made some mention of the post below and chastised him for it's slightly sarcastic tone, however, I don't see anything particular wrong with it based on everything I have read.

Enjoy the mismatched combination.

Ok. This is clearly now not helping the OP at all.

To the OP, if you have any questions for me, please us the PM feature. I am out.

MarzGraphixDesign,

If you have any questions for me or anyone other than rustyratrod, simply post them on your thread. This will promote an open exchange of ideas between some which might help you better decide what plan of action is best for you.

I recommend the x cellerator for you specific combo out of the intakes you list. if the cam was a were smaller, like in the 5500 ish rpm peak , I would say the holley street dominator...but only deep port matched 1st.

If it so happens you come to afford 100-135 bucks at a swap meet for a rpm intake, do it, it will make about 20 more lbs of torque ...and where you could better use it Idle-4500 rpm.

If you cant afford a better choice for an intake, understood.
But if you can, consensus says, there are better options.
No reason to take the ball all the way down the field, only to fumble at the goal line.
Good luck !!!

FWIW, i just pulled off an ld4b on wifes duster and replaced it with street dominator, my *** pressed into the seat told me it pulled better from off idle all the way thru , same thing 2 years ago on my demon, it really is a good intake,IMHO

RRR, I agree, build your engine your way. And when you come for advice and it doesn't meet your approval, tuff cookies. You try very often and often get ignored or adversity.

Marz, I need to get off the island?
I would love to! How about you kiss my azz? Give me your address? I'll be right down OK?!?!
Id love to write what I truly feel but I am sure I'll be banned. Sum up every nasty reply you can conjure up and multiply it by 10 square and you have just hit the top of the ice burg of what I got for you, you second rate crap stain.

I'm out, enjoy, C-ya!
Sure dude come on down. I'm not going to kiss your *** but, I might do something else to it and, I'm not talking any sexual stuff either but, it does start with letter s and ends with letter t. You are why New Yorkers get such a bad wrap. This is why I moved people thinking they are more important than they really are. I had a repair shop in the Hamptons and, dealt with the legends in the own mind people, day in and day out. It gets tiresome. You sir need to check the tude at the door when entering this forum. My pops taught me a few things and, one was you get more bees with honey than vinegar. Later Beta as in Masterbeta.

FWIW
I have had 3 intakes on my 367engine, with 3 different carbs and 3 different cams. The first two ran on it when I had a Hughes HE2430 cam which was 270/276/110 cam. Originally it had an Excellerator with a 600Vsec.Well it didn't take long and that 600 was gone and in its place was a 750DP. Which pulled pretty good. But when it developed an intake leak at the head ports,I pulled it off and installed a 71 Factory TQ intake and an unknown Small primary TQ. Now that was something. But then the AirGap became available for the sbm, and I got all excited when I read the Hype. So I bolted that on with the former 750DP; and that is how it has stayed ever since. I upsized the cam in about 2005 to a Hughes HE 3037, which is 276/286/110, And then that little 367 really woke up.
The only other Intake I have had personal experience with is the old LD340, and that was over 40 years ago. I have tuned engines with other intakes, but that is of no help.
I gotta tell you tho, The AG is a pretty sweet intake. It will let my 750DP idle down to 500 and less by slipping the clutch(10.97 starter gear), all around the parking lot.It will not hick-up when I punch it at any rpm, in any gear. It will pull hard to 7000 rpm with that rinky-dink little 230@050 cam. And with the smaller 223* cam and the former 600 carb, that same intake pulled 32 mpgUS.
I can also tell you that my first cam,the 292/508, did not like either of the smaller intakes. It only came alive with the AG/750DP
Those have been my personal experiences.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it greatly AJ. As of now I'm down to the AG and SD. I mean how hard would it be to off the AG after being done with it. On the other hand the motor will ultimately go into my 96 Jeep GC. That is when Im done with the real build for the truck. Do you think I can drill the AG for injectors. The cam will get changed for the swap.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it greatly AJ. As of now I'm down to the AG and SD. I mean how hard would it be to off the AG after being done with it. On the other hand the motor will ultimately go into my 96 Jeep GC. That is when Im done with the real build for the truck. Do you think I can drill the AG for injectors. The cam will get changed for the swap.

The Air-Gap will be better suited to a heavy vehicle like your Jeep. Hughes Engines sells a modified Air-Gap intake intended as a direct replacement on factory Magnum engines (has injector bosses, TB adapter etc.). However it won't fit if you have LA heads unless you redrill some stuff.

The standard LA AG ,IIRC, has bosses that can be machined for injectors. It would be easy to sell later, but probably won't bring much more money than the SD. That's just the way it is. :(

I would still use the rpm, not the air gap, however, imo, the air gap is still better than your other intakes for your app.

A safe estimate for resale value on Ebay if it is still nice is $150.00 with the buyer paying shipping.

I would still use the rpm, not the air gap, however, imo, the air gap is still better than your other intakes for your app.

A safe estimate for resale value on Ebay if it is still nice is $150.00 with the buyer paying shipping.
Isn't the AG and RPM the same intake. I thought the only diff. were the runners and plenlum being elevated for the air to flow thru. I thought it went performer, rpm performer, AG rpm performer, torkerII, victor, super victor. I'm most def. not using the regular rpm. That is like a step up from stock, how would that work with extensively re-worked heads, major cam upgrade and, quite a bit more comp. then stock.

Isn't the AG and RPM the same intake. I thought the only diff. were the runners and plenlum being elevated for the air to flow thru. I thought it went performer, rpm performer, AG rpm performer, torkerII, victor, super victor. I'm most def. not using the regular rpm. That is like a step up from stock, how would that work with extensively re-worked heads, major cam upgrade and, quite a bit more comp. then stock.

you disagree with my post but you don't say why.

if the runners are longer, how can they be the same intake?

the performer is a small step up from stock the the performer rpm and performer rpm air gap are nearly identical but the air gap has slightly less bottom ed performance and slightly higher top end with the difference being maybe 5 to 7 hp . most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the two, however, the difference is there which is why i suggested it instead of the air gap for your particular app.

as far as resale goes, the air gap will be a little easier to sell if for no reason that most people prefer the look or simply think it is a far better intake than the rpm which it is not unless it is for a ford windsor in which case, for some reason the runners are larger than they are on the rpm.

you disagree with my post but you don't say why.

if the runners are longer, how can they be the same intake?

the performer is a small step up from stock the the performer rpm and performer rpm air gap are nearly identical but the air gap has slightly less bottom ed performance and slightly higher top end with the difference being maybe 5 to 7 hp . most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the two, however, the difference is there which is why i suggested it instead of the air gap for your particular app.

as far as resale goes, the air gap will be a little easier to sell if for no reason that most people prefer the look or simply think it is a far better intake than the rpm which it is not unless it is for a ford windsor in which case, for some reason the runners are larger than they are on the rpm.
I said why, in my last post IMO the AG is just about the same as the non AG you even proved it by stating the diff. of, "5-7 hp" and, "nearly Identical". Armed with this info, and I thank everyone for their input and, suggestions, as well as opinion's I'm going with the Holley SD.

-
Back