Intake Manifold Leaking Coolant after replacing

-

WSUTARD

Reaction score
Thought I would start a new thread since it is a different problem. I installed my new gasket, out everything back together, filled it with coolant and now I have a leak out the front of the manifold.

Does this mean I didn't use enough RTV? (I used Right Stuff)

When I removed the old I noticed that someone had put RTV along the front of that crack where the intake meets the block. I thought it was a crappy try to fix a bad intake seal but now it seems like it was a way to fix a coolant leak?

How do I go about fixing this? Please don't tell me I need to take the intake off again.

image.jpeg

verify exactly where it is leaking
could be under the by pass hose
or the fitting if it was just installed

Did you double check all bolts are tight> just asking

verify exactly where it is leaking
could be under the by pass hose
or the fitting if it was just installed

Did you double check all bolts are tight> just asking
I just snugged up all the hoses and brass fittings. I think it might have been flowing out of the short hose you see in the picture. Crossing my fingers.

Did you change the intake as well? If so, did you remove the 2 locating pins on the front and rear rail? Those could be holding the intake manifold off the mating surface.

Did you change the intake as well? If so, did you remove the 2 locating pins on the front and rear rail? Those could be holding the intake manifold off the mating surface.
It was an aftermarket already and the pins were out. still was a lot of space to make up. I think it might have been the hoses.

Now I'm dealing with it not starting back up.

Unless your intake has a crack in the water jacket, water would not leak from where the intake meets the block. Oil, yes water no. Its got to be coming from either the bypass hose/fittings, or the thermostat housing.

From your pic, im going with the bypass hose intake fitting, or hose clamp.

-
Back