Intellitronix A-body Dash Install Thread

-
I have no idea. I scream shot it from something somebody posted.

Hey Moparmat2000 ,

Ive been looking for the rallye dash digital guages and Im pretty sure its made by Speed Hut. I think it is a special order though.

Progress has been made. I finished the install of the dash. It looks great in there. IMHO. I also added a Retrosound stereo and replaced the black painted dash with a woodgrain one I got from a member here. I am not sure where I will mount the handheld for the Super Sniper EFI just yet. The empty EGR warning light is replaced with a Linelock/Roll Control Light mounted into the same socket.

Overall, I like the system but the instructions are weak. It talks about 2 gray wires connecting to a button. I have none but I have a button that is on the dash face itself. I think this is new but I cannot test them yet. Why, because I had an oops. I used the 12v switched wire from the dash wiring harness. It is not on in the accessory mode. My mistake as the instructions do say that it must be on during "on" and "accessory". You have to be in accessory mode to program things.

There is no diagram for what button is which. Sure the far right 2 buttons are hours and minutes. Then there are 2 other ones for Trip/cal and Tach that you use for calibration and setting things. I hope it makes better sense when I get the accessory mode functional.

View attachment 1715841271 View attachment 1715841272

I will take it all apart soon and make the change to the wiring.
Planning to purchase here real soon. If you don’t my me asking, which color is that? I’ve been leaning towards the white but your picture looks white/blue.

Thanks!

Planning to purchase here real soon. If you don’t my me asking, which color is that? I’ve been leaning towards the white but your picture looks white/blue.

Thanks!
I would call them and ask for the head dude I forget his name Sean or something like that and ask for a discount... Ever since I got 25% off on Black Friday week I've been bombarded with sales emails... They use every single holidays next case to make a sale...

Thanks!
White. Might be lighting

I would call them and ask for the head dude I forget his name Sean or something like that and ask for a discount... Ever since I got 25% off on Black Friday week I've been bombarded with sales emails... They use every single holidays next case to make a sale...
White. Might be lighting
Appreciate it fellas. J par I’ll do just that. Can always afford to save a few bucks!

Appreciate it fellas. J par I’ll do just that. Can always afford to save a few bucks!
25% off I paid $300 on $400...:thumbsup:...
PXL_20220313_223444383.jpg

I bought the 1970-1976 Digital dash kit as a Black Friday deal.

https://www.intellitronix.com/product-page/1970-1976-dodge-duster-dart-led-digital-dp6013

I will post my progress on this thread. I have installed the sensors and assembled the dash but I have not pulled my dash yet. Here are the progress pics.
Parts in kit and my extra dash
View attachment 1715835516

Prepping my cluster, Still have to remove the lens
View attachment 1715835517

Wires clearly labelled on the circuit board
View attachment 1715835518 View attachment 1715835519

More to come.

those 5 ground wires did you ground each one separate or combine them into one main ground wire?
Bryan

those 5 ground wires did you ground each one separate or combine them into one main ground wire?
Bryan
I wanted to keep the circuits separate so I grounded them each to a grounding block with individual wires. EXCEPT, I used the fuel ground from the dash harness. Bad idea, run a separate ground as instructed. My fuel gauge only reads down to 50 and then I am empty. It is supposed to go to 100. I have just not wanted to pull the dash to fix it.

I wanted to keep the circuits separate so I grounded them each to a grounding block with individual wires. EXCEPT, I used the fuel ground from the dash harness. Bad idea, run a separate ground as instructed. My fuel gauge only reads down to 50 and then I am empty. It is supposed to go to 100. I have just not wanted to pull the dash to fix it.

OK I've had mine for a while just haven't gotten around to installing it yet. I'll keep that fuel gauge ground issue in mind

I did all my grounds separate. All the gauges work and the dash does dim when I turn the lights on. My only problem is the speedometer jumps sometimes. It never goes lower then the speed i am going, only higher. I am going to give them a call and see if they have any ideas.

Jack

Trying to wrap up wiring but stuck on the "parking lights" bit for dimming. Where did you pickup this wire to connect?

I ran into issues on mine Im going back changing my power. I ran to battery per instructions 12 volt battery constant I then ran my accessory was working but had weird ground issue. It was not hooked up but was working in both on and assessory mode. Anyone got any pictures dart or Duster how they did the wires/dimmer indicator it's red so mine is hooked up along with blinkers temp and pressure. I did not use the light power or the blue yellow stripe. I made sure all matched up. It was working blinkers had power all that but something took unit out after I unhooked power and started on the sensor grounds.

I ran into issues on mine Im going back changing my power. I ran to battery per instructions 12 volt battery constant I then ran my accessory was working but had weird ground issue. It was not hooked up but was working in both on and assessory mode. Anyone got any pictures dart or Duster how they did the wires/dimmer indicator it's red so mine is hooked up along with blinkers temp and pressure. I did not use the light power or the blue yellow stripe. I made sure all matched up. It was working blinkers had power all that but something took unit out after I unhooked power and started on the sensor grounds.
Ugh found it face palm stupid interlock on column I need to get that adjusted. If I push in park little bit it's fine and I also had a loose connection assessory black on column connector. Old wiring problems I need to correct this before I move forward.

The dimmer may or may not work well on such low current. The dimmer output is in the fuse panel, INST fuse, normally at one end of the box, and the output is orange wires. One of those should appear at the original dash cluster connector

The dimmer may or may not work well on such low current. The dimmer output is in the fuse panel, INST fuse, normally at one end of the box, and the output is orange wires. One of those should appear at the original dash cluster connector
My dimmer works with the red from the signal old cluster and I got my issue corrected well found I will have to fix the column bullet connector black wire. Very annoyed with this been chasing it off and on basically the pin keeps popping out of plastic.

IMG20230116205120.jpg

How is your fuel gauge...does it also read backwards?
I have not attached my ground yet for tank yet. I have it ready to go though just hooked up sensor pigtail I had just over half a tank prior to engine pull sitting at 63 now.

I'm pretty sure you don't hook it up to the dimmer light. Or at least not mine. You did not hook it up to the rheostat but you hook it up just to the park lights so it dims 50% when the park or headlights come on.. I don't think it's supposed to be like factory where it slowly dims down but maybe they made some changes...

I had to ground the dash panel because you have to remove the metal so that my wipers worked. You may have a ground issue

Do you happen to have pics and maybe a "how to" on removing the stock dash? I'm going to do this at some point and it would really be helpful if possible. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you don't hook it up to the dimmer light. Or at least not mine. You did not hook it up to the rheostat but you hook it up just to the park lights so it dims 50% when the park or headlights come on.. I don't think it's supposed to be like factory where it slowly dims down but maybe they made some changes...
I actually tested with brights last night using the stock dimmer the cluster uses and it works switching back and forth. Only thing I gotta do now is wire clean up and I need to fix my main power it does not look good at the connector I will pull it out and soldier it as well. I will hook up to the lights I was thinking I can run off the rear harness right below the fuse box. I then thought do I really want it to dim as its just turned down I almost want it bright! I will get it in tonight and turn off lights garage see just how lit up I am. I could put a switch in to control since I still got a map light toggle....

Last edited:
I had to ground the dash panel because you have to remove the metal so that my wipers worked. You may have a ground issue
I was wondering about that I will have do a ground for the wiper switch. The lights were fine but yeah noticed I had no wipers since it is not on the plate now.

Do you happen to have pics and maybe a "how to" on removing the stock dash? I'm going to do this at some point and it would really be helpful if possible. Thanks.
Let me get home tonight I will take some good pictures before I screw it back in and the all wires for you I did and the locations I used.

Question does anyone have a good picture of column with connectors on and fabric tape in place as it was from FACTORY.

-
Back