Interesting Letters on the Hood of my Newly Acquired Formula S

-

Hopeto

Reaction score
I've previously posted a few pics of my newly acquired Formula S 4 Speed. I'm intrigued by the 3 letters on the front edge of the hood - E A O. They are probably previous owner installed but the holes were very precisely drilled and the one long leg on each letter has an insert in the hole. The car did have one previous repaint about 35 years ago (think poor Earl Scheib). The A has the part # 9770893 and 63103 on the backside. The other 2 letters only have a "G" on the backside. The "O" is a different size than the "O" in Plymouth on the deck lid. Any thoughts other than previous owner installed??

65cudaEAOpic1.jpg

65cudaEAOpic2.jpg

65cudaEAOpic3.jpg

65cudaEAOpic4.jpg

Old MacDonald had a Formula S,
E I E I O

Maybe this one was owned by one of his brothers?

Is the O the same height as the other letters if it is twisted 90 degrees?

I will say those letters were previously enjoyed on another car.

Previous owner’s initials?
Not sure.
It was in inside storage with the same owner for about 30+ years since around 1985 (last sticker) but was sold by the estate after the gentleman passed. A "flipper" had it before I came up with it. Still trying to run down previous owners.

If previous owner was in upper Midwest, it could stand for "Eat At Ole's".
It was probably Lena's idea.
Just sayin'.
LOL

I meant the two letters next to it?
Oops, sorry. I misunderstood. The E and the O are the same height and both are shorter than the A. If you rotate the O 90 degrees then it is much taller than the A.

Those are PONTIAC letters.
Definitely the Owner's initials.
Really tacky, time to fill or weld in those holes and LONG FORGET ABOUT THEM.

70-73RearValance.jpg

Two in Tempest..................
Lemans............................

-
Back