Interior Info needed

-

Gobs67

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to the sight and have a question regarding a 1969 Dart Swinger that i am looking to purchase. The Car is an automatic with bucket seats and a console. I have had a couple of people tell me that the Swinger model did not come with bucket seats. Are they correct? Is this 69 not the real deal?
Thanks for the help.
Gobs

Gobs,take a good look at your freinds and start picking some others,as you could get the car as you discribed.Email me you vin number to decode and the info on the fender tag to be sure,and does it still have the 340 motor in it?Mrmopartech

Thanks for the reply Mrmopartech.
I will send you the vin and tag info on Friday.
Gobs67

Hello, I wanted to drop you a line. In the 69 Dart Model line for 1969. The Dart GTS has the vin starting with "L" for Dart "S" for Special, which is the the higher price range or model. The GTS had a Bucket seat interior and console, as standard in the hardtop. The GTS also had Chrome Plastic trim across the entire dash, as well as rocker panel mouldings, and a Rear Trunk Trim panel. The Dart Swinger for 69 came in two basic variations.. A Swinger which was a Flat hood, and either a slant 6, 273, ("L" is the second digit in the VIN# for Low price range), or the Swinger 340 which had the power buldge hood, the heavy duty suspension, and of course the 340. The Swinger's (Both Styles) only came with bench seat. Three colors were available. Black, Tan, and Blue. Two versions were available. A standard interior, and a Deluxe interior. The type of material in the deluxe interior was a little less taxi cab looking. I can say for sure if the VIN # has a "M" as a second digit it will have a bench interior.

Hey,69SWINGER340, I've bought a 69DART 5 years ago, (guy thought it was a SWINGER) I'm not so sure though. Motor was gone, has a 904 trans in it,Radio delete plate, Antenna was never hooked up, (wire was still in holder on firewall/kick panel) seats were missing, and has a 8-1/4 rear,and power steering. What ya think ?

DartDave, If your 2nd Digit in the vin is a "M", and your 5th digit is a "P" it is a Swinger 340. All the 69 Swinger's being a base "non" 340 Swinger have the second VIN Digit being "L", then the Motor code could be either for a 225 Slant 6 or 273 2bbl or 318 2bbl. I believe the vin codes (Digits) for the 225 is B, for the 273 is D, and for the 318 is E. This info. is from the 69 Dodge Pocket Specs. booklet for salesman. Hope this helps you. Mark

To Sum it up easily: Look at the VIN#s

Dart GTS 340 Htp. = LS23P9

Dart SWinger 340 Htp. = LM23P9

Dart Swinger (Standard) = LL23B9 (225 cid)
LL23D9 (273 cid)
LL23E9 (318 cid)

Hope this Helps make it more simple.

Hey thanks, Here's my VIN : LL23F9. What was"F"? I guess it dosen't really matter as engine is missing. Oh Ya it's got a 7-1/4 not 8-1/4, THANKS AGAIN.

-
Back