Intermittent notifications

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
Why is it that the notifications being the little red number that pops up when there is a reply, only works for certain threads and not all the time.

There have been replies to my threads and it didn't say anything and later someone will ask if I saw the reply and I didn't. It works on some replies but not all, even within the same thread.

It didn't notify me I had feedback.

When anyone replies to the coffee thread, it pops up as a notification like maybe once every 30 pages or so.

Is it something I'm doing?

It doesn't necessarily notify you for every reply to a thread. If there have been 30 replies since you last checked the thread, its not going to notify you 30 times.

@Princess Valiant I've noticed the same thing, in the recent threads I'll see new posts to thread I watch, but no notification in the updates icon. I usually just check the Watched Threads screen to see if I missed any new ones.

Ha, I guess we are just spoiled. I remember way back before there were notifications on the old fabo before the big upgrade in 2016 or around that time somewhere lol

I didn't get a notification for your post as I was posting elsewhere but just got one for @Ironracer's, so something isn't working right.

I get them all the time. Chrome on Linux Mint. I'm sure my obscure OS has nothing to do with it.

I farted. Did everybody get a notification?

To the OP, I have the same problem once in a while. I have concluded that I am somehow tricking the system into thinking I haven’t read the post that it notified me of, and won’t notify me of further threads until I have read that thread in some way that it picks it up.

Just a guess as to the issue, though. Maybe try staying on the post or thread longer? Maybe it is a time thing?

Ha, I guess we are just spoiled. I remember way back before there were notifications on the old fabo before the big upgrade in 2016 or around that time somewhere lol
I'll sometimes post some meme or comment and return later to see 5, 10 or more members clicked a LIKE-AGREE or THANKS when the notifications only listed one or two.

I'll sometimes post some meme or comment and return later to see 5, 10 or more members clicked a LIKE-AGREE or THANKS when the notifications only listed one or two.
It doesn't necessarily notify you for every reply to a thread. If there have been 30 replies since you last checked the thread, its not going to notify you 30 times.

same answer

-
Back