Irwindale Ca.Track closeing??

-

madmax/6

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this?Was going to test n tune thursday .I read about the oval closeing but what about the 1/8th track?Guzzi Mark

I read on another forum that the closure includes the 1/8 mile. Those drag workers already got their last check. Sucks I really like the Thursday night test and tune.

Wouldn't be surprised.....just another reason CA and the CA economy sucks. I'm still devastated by LACR closing.

what are the only tracks open closest to the Anaheim area? Pomona?

I agree Burnt,,,I just lost all motivation for my car.Think Fontana only has street legal test n tunes,my car is far from street legal.I got 6 slant records last year and was going for at least 4 more this year,wont happen without test and tune.I havent been this depressed ever.Guzzi Mark

I read there may be an official announcement today regarding the future of the current Irwindale track. This hits my club, Inland Mopars, hard because we had confirmed approval from the Speedway to hold our annual all-Mopar car show on the Speedway property in May. We had some special incentives to show participants that would have made it a great event.
We started hearing rumblings about possible track closure a little over a month ago and pretty much confirmed it a couple of weeks ago.
I read on another forum that some demolition work has already started, but that hasn't been confirmed.
There may also be some noise issues with dragstrip at Fontana. My club is working a NMCA event there in April. I'll update with more information as soon as available.

I Was Told.... Closed till further notice.....
I can tell you one thing...
Sign is turned off...... Web site is off line..... Drag-strip barriers have been removed.. The far east drag strip bleachers have been taken down.... The oval track pit side bleachers have been taken down with all the banners.....
Not really sure where this is going... Hold on to your hats folks....

I go by there 2 times a day..... Hope its just temporary....

The place was overbuilt, overbudget, with a bad Gen Mgr that had with a huge nut to cover.

The bleachers that were tore down were temporary type.

As with many physical entities that go bankrupt, the debt hopefully will be washed out allowing a 2nd party to actaully make money.

The place was overbuilt, overbudget, with a bad Gen Mgr that had with a huge nut to cover.

The bleachers that were tore down were temporary type.

As with many physical entities that go bankrupt, the debt hopefully will be washed out allowing a 2nd party to actaully make money.

So there is a chance????? lol:blob:

If it's a done deal. I'm likely selling all my dragcar stuff.

So there is a chance????? lol:blob:

Most definitely a chance. It's just how fast someone could get it back going before time and interest is takes it's toll.

You can't really blame the group that built the facility for selling/returning the temporary seating and K-rails. They paid for them and they should have the right to get something out of the millions that were put into facilities built on the leased property.

If it's a done deal. I'm likely selling all my dragcar stuff.

Growing up in north San Diego county, I was cut pretty hard by the close of OCIR and Carlsbad. Do they still do 1/8th milers at Murphy Stadium? (Yeah, I know what they call it now, I still say California Angels).

AAA(Fontana) 1/4 mile is the only game in town. And I think its open once a month to the public. I raced my car there once. If it wasn't 65 miles from the ocean you would think it was terminal island.

Come on guys! I used to live in Arroyo Grande and it was a 2 hour drive to Bakersfield. I raced there for 10 years. Now I live in Carson City, NV and it's only 75 miles to TopGun near Fallon which is 1 hour 20 minutes and I drive my racer there. Have you ever met a man with no feet. There is always someone who has it worse than you.

Come on guys! I used to live in Arroyo Grande and it was a 2 hour drive to Bakersfield. I raced there for 10 years. Now I live in Carson City, NV and it's only 75 miles to TopGun near Fallon which is 1 hour 20 minutes and I drive my racer there. Have you ever met a man with no feet. There is always someone who has it worse than you.

It's more to the point that it used to be you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a strip to run at. Now you couldn't hit one with a nuke.

I agree with both points. If we're committed to the hobby, then just do what you gotta do to run your car. But I hate the fact that there's getting fewer and fewer strips where people can just go out and have some good clean fun.

Another thing.....@ Fontana, you need a helmet in anything faster than 13.99?! Gimme a friggin' break! Words can't describe how much I loved LACR. It was laid-back and cool there......wish it would come back.

-
Back