Is it 'Chunk' or 'Chuck'

-
i never understood why every sure grip chunk has to be called a posi , posi -traction damn posi's posse' pozi ponzi fozzy fonzy forget it..

Well, all posi's are chunks, but not all chunks are posi's.:glasses7:

Differential carrier aka chunk. Big ol chunk in the middle. You aint gonna chuck one of them far.

i always call em a third member...and about "sure grip"....its funny, everyone who asks if my car has "posi" i just <cringe> and say "yes" ....theres no use in telling them its a sure-grip, because they wont understand or know what it is...only a true mopar guy or gal knows what a sure grip is.

how about "pumkin" and have you ever heard the term Johnson handle for parking brake?

My wife uses my Johnson handle from time to time, but I've been married for nine years which means it used to be used a bunch more ten years ago....

....all I know is never call your Chick A Chunk or Chuck.... no bueno...

I have always heard it called a "chunk".... I hate that term.... I always use
Center Section or third Member

-RPM

i always call em a third member...and about "sure grip"....its funny, everyone who asks if my car has "posi" i just <cringe> and say "yes" ....theres no use in telling them its a sure-grip, because they wont understand or know what it is...only a true mopar guy or gal knows what a sure grip is.

Amen. My car has a SURE-GRIP...... that Chevy has a posi...

-RPM

how about "pumkin" and have you ever heard the term Johnson handle for parking brake?

I have always called (Johnson Handle) a Jake brake which was taught to me when I started out as a truck driver

i never understood why every sure grip chunk has to be called a posi , posi -traction damn posi's posse' pozi ponzi fozzy fonzy forget it..

this is chuck

chuck-norris.jpg
Thats not the real chuck lmao

P.O.S. Vauxhalls An object of true derision whenever my Dad and one of the damn things was anywhere near each other.

280px-Vauxhall_Victor_FA_ca_1958.jpg

The rig i hopped in and went "whoah" at, was a 62 buick lesabre with the Roto-Hydramatic 375.....4 door, baby blue, power bench seats, and factory air. Was probably one of the coolest cars ive ever driven.

I have always called (Johnson Handle) a Jake brake which was taught to me when I started out as a truck driver

Ah,ok now it makes sense.My pap and I were talking the other day about loosing your brakes while driving.He tells me he lost his once driving a brick truck and he said he had to grab the Johnson handle.Thanks for the clarification sir.

Oh, man.
We are to Johnsons now.
OK, we can call it a pumpkin.
But I'm still not touching someone's "third member" with a sure grip.
And "posi", being a GM term, is gross too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJeNQ4sqHpY"]Crash Test Dummies: The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back